X-Fi cards any better than Audigy 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Is it worth me splashing out on a X-Fi Extremeaudio or Extrememusic card over an Creative Audigy 2 24Bit card ?

Is the Audigy 2 card still very good Sound Quality ?

I think the only Audigy 2 card that people consider to be about as good as an X-Fi is the Audigy 2zs. I have no experience with Audigy 2 cards, but the X-Fi is pretty affordable. Get the Xtrememusic if you can.

I run a Audigy 2ZS and have not even thought about getting rid of it. The X-Fi are great cards. If you run XP. The drivers for that card on Vista have been known to be a bit buggy.

we once had a big argument over these soundcard. I was actually wrong about this and 003 was right. the x-fi has a better pre amp section. it doesn't distort at all and it has better treble extension

What's so funny...unfortunately we're not all audio engineers like yourself..:cool:

O, i broke my D40fs yesterday, the left speaker snapped off. Fortunately my ATH-CK7's arive on monday to replace them, hopefully with superior sound quality too.

What's so funny...unfortunately we're not all audio engineers like yourself..:cool:

O, i broke my D40fs yesterday, the left speaker snapped off. Fortunately my ATH-CK7's arive on monday to replace them, hopefully with superior sound quality too.

he laughing at me. he remember the big battle that me and 003 had. I was basing my judgment on card that I had previously had like the mobile m-audio usb, audigy, turtle beach and other cards.

then my friend the rapper Yavis (the street pastor) bought over a computer with a presonus firewire card. it sounded way better than any card I've ever had. I promptly went out and bought all of the best cards out there, but they have issues working together with my media center.

I eventually got an x-fi and it killed the audigy in sound. I never compared the optical out part between the 2 (which was the main part of my argument), but I did compare the audigy one with the m-audio audiophile 192 previously and I realized that some of the stuff that I said was simply not true

if I'm wrong, I'm wrong

I think the only Audigy 2 card that people consider to be about as good as an X-Fi is the Audigy 2zs. I have no experience with Audigy 2 cards, but the X-Fi is pretty affordable. Get the Xtrememusic if you can.

Its actually better to get the XtremeGamer Fatal1ty version as it has X-Ram that will take the load off the cpu if the game your playing supports X-Ram, which most of the new games do support it, aka Crysis.

yeah for the cash you cant get any better really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom