X-FI or audigy

Status
Not open for further replies.
what ding dong doesn't understand is that I am an audiophile inside and out. I notice thing in audio that other people can't hear.

I've been doing this since the age of 6-7 (I'll be 37 next month), when my dad use to haul away people thing from the house (he also had a trucking business). everybody was throwing the stereo consoles from the 50's and 60's and replacing them with seperates. you guys remember the all in one consoles that sometimes included a tv in them

I use to take the speaker out of the consoles. they use to consist of horns, 15's, 12's and sometimes tweeters. I use to go to the local grocery store and get cardboard boxes and wooden crates. those were my original enclosures. I use to hate the sound of the peaky horns. they were loud but they made my ears hurt.

so I went to the library to learn about flat response and crossovers (I was ten now) and how to build them. 003, you nice talking sissified geek, what is a notch filter? I bet you have to use google to figure that out.

by 15 I was build custom enclosures and kicker boxes (hooked up to the old car boosters and eq's) for my older friend's cars in wood shop at school and in my garage. I was a boomer at this point

by 18 I was designing home stereo sound in my car they now had car amplifiers. I was using old home speaker that I had ac***ulated over the years.

bam. right out the box I was already having better sound than anybody else, plus I was already custum making my own crossovers (we use to have this store called hugh-peters which sold electrical components across from the ohio state fairgrounds). at this point there were no crossovers for the car. everybody else had full range sound out of the 12's and car speakers, which wasn't a good thing. I was now a tweaker

I will say this. I won over 50 trophies in my life dealing with audio. most dealt with sound quality. how many have you won 003?
But I'm going to stop here explaing my audio history (it would take too long to explan anyway )just to prove a point to some little D_ick MF who just know numbers.

numbers, you want numbers 003? ok

how much of 3900 is it from 48,000 or 44,100. not much it's less than 10 percent

let's factor in, that we as humans don't have perfect hearing. again

we as humans don't have perfect hearing

most men hear out to 16khz. women hear out 23khz. the last time I check, I was a man. but you might be a woman

when you make an mp3 you are squeezing and throwing away the data by a factor of 10 at 320 kbps

now 80 of the world can't tell a difference between a 320kbps file and the original source. you can change that number to 97% if the file is aac. now this is a song that 90% of the music is missing.

but this g_ay A$$ Beach want us to believe that that we could notice a difference in music that only 9 or 7% (depend on what figure that you used) got cluttered

when we can't even hear 1/5 (if we use the 16000-20000 and 0-20hz figures. we can feel the 2nd though.) to 3/8 (if we use the 6000-30000hz and 0-20hz figures) of it anyway

go eat a duck 003

edit.

003 said:
Lets say you are watching a movie that is recorded at 100 frames per second. So in every second you see 100 frames. What would happen to the movie if out of every 100 frames, we made 9 frames blank, and then simply deleted another 9 frames. What would that look like? The effect would be very visable.

And that is pretty much what happens when you play 44.1KHz audio on the Audigy2 ZS.

if we have 20/20 and we have a brain then our eye are perfect. our ears never will be perfect

we have people that can't tell the differnce if a dvd is shrunk to 700mb from 7 gigs. yet I can.

go get a life.

Where do I start.....

First, I din't know why you keep mentioning the word audiophile. So far, the only one here who claims to be an audiophile is you (how ironic).

Second, there is a line between audiophiles and people who like to build speakers and other audio equipment.

If I recall correctly, you have actually asked me what a notch filter is in a previous thread as well, I knew the answer then and I know it now. It's a filter that blocks out a specific range of frequencies. But this is going way off topic.

Yes I know how much 3900 out of 44100 is. That alone would be enough to produce an audible change in the sound. However the number is effectively doubled because not only are blank samples added but there are also 3900 samples that are removed again in the second resampling.

And 7800 out of 44100 is about 9/50.

And actually, all people are born able to hear up to around 23khz. From the second sound first enters your ear that number begins to creep down. And what makes you think resampling would only affect the high frequencys?

What it is begining to look like is that you are one of those people who can't admit that they are wrong, learn something and move on. So you resort to nasty names and bragging about trophies you have won.

Just because you can build audio equipment does not make you an audiophile. It makes you someone who can build audio equipment, and that's about it. Also, before you reply I want you to take note that nowhere have I said that I myself am an audiophile.

At this point, I am done with this thread. Hopefully people will see what I have said is in fact all true, because you can't argue with numbers. Why you continue to do so is actually pretty funny.

No, you won't hear all the anomalies produced in the 7800s/s, but you will hear some and it does make a difference.

Enough difference to call something crap? If the X-fi is only 9/50ths better than audigy, how can it be CRAP? If audigy is crap by only 9/50ths, then X-Fi must be crap as well.

You sir, are contradicting.

sissy you talked about my grammar first.

I been looking for my book that talks about stupid geeks like you. the one who claim to hear stuff that only an Oscilloscope can pick up.

third there is this guy named art who use to work at audio encounters

http://www.audioencounters.com/

he respect my listening habit so much that when he open his store genesis audio in 96 or 97

http://www.genesisaudio.com/

he use to call me over to audition speakers with him. if we both like it, then he orders that line (he was the guy that let me get my 1,500.00 paradigm's for 550 plus tax)

I could gone on and on with audio stories. but forget that

because everybody else here know that I know audio inside and out. everybody in Columbus Ohio knows that too. but I don't have to prove that to you

question no 2. I need to take a nasty midrange 6db 1khz peak out of some 8 ohm horns. I also have a nasty impedance peak at 16khz.
how do i fix this?

answer that since you seem think that speakers builders doesn't know anything about sound.

they know more about sound more than anybody except musicians and engineers

they know more than geeks freaks

edit. oh yeah unless you have a slit between your legs, you can only hear out to 16k (you might. I'd believe you if you said you did). this is a basic audio fact. I don't know about a baby. I personal wasn't into audio then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom