X-FI or audigy

Status
Not open for further replies.
lancec2c30 said:
so should I just go for the audigy card a was looking at?

Now I am sure I already know this but, I will notice a huge difference over onboard sound wont I??

yes. you get more pre amp voltage, more signal to noise and elimination of system noise

Lol dude, you know I am right, and you are wrong and now you are trying to change the subject by throwing false insults at me.

I'm not rich at all, and my income is pathetic.

"the audigy seems to emphasize the S's in women voices giving them a nasal sound, whereas with the x-fi or E-mu, the S sound start and stop on a dime"
Emphasis on an S sound is called sibilance.

"When I play 1812 overture, you hear noise in the quiet spots of the song with the audigy where as you hear dead silence in with the x-fi or E-mu"
That is called noise floor.

You don't need a specific song to hear what is wrong with the Audigy2. The sound is veiled and shrill, especially in the midrange.

Also, I don't recall even saying the word "audiophile".

lancec2c30 said:
so should I just go for the audigy card a was looking at?

Now I am sure I already know this but, I will notice a huge difference over onboard sound wont I??
Now I just have to ask something here. WHY? Sound quality aside, WHY would you get the Audigy2 ZS when you could get the X-fi for almost the same price on some of the links I posted?

003 said:
You don't need a specific song to hear what is wrong with the Audigy2. The sound is veiled and shrill, especially in the midrange.

dog. something is wrong with your speakers. the mids sound that I hear (on many different type of speakers) with it are fine

veiled and shrill? you only hear that in clipping or peaking midrange, why you are correcting somebody. nothing electronic with flat frenquency response and S/N over 75db will ever give you that sound, but an EQ. speakers, however can and will give you that sound

so, go set your eq right (I don't need an eq) or buy new speakers and maybe you will like the sound of the audigy

I doubt it, though. since somebody told you that it sound bad, your mind is made up

I doubt that you have even bother to even listen to one.

EricB said:
dog. something is wrong with your speakers. the mids sound that I hear (on many different type of speakers) with it are fine

veiled and shrill? you only hear that in clipping or peaking midrange, why you are correcting somebody. nothing electronic with flat frenquency response and S/N over 75db will ever give you that sound, but an EQ. speakers, however can and will give you that sound

so, go set your eq right (I don't need an eq) or buy new speakers and maybe you will like the sound of the audigy

I doubt it, though. since somebody told you that it sound bad, your mind is made up

I doubt that you have even bother to even listen to one.
Man you are slow. I used to own an Audigy2 as my main sound card. Then I owned an X-fi.

You just don't hear anything wrong with it because you have not heard anything better, and dont reply with that bull about the sound card and DAC not making any difference until you have actually heard something better. (E-MU 0404, E-MU 1212M, ESI Juli@, M-Audio Audiophile 192, etc...)

ding dong. you know from an earlier conversation that I had an M-Audio Audiophile 192. I sold on ebay because I could get more money with it than the creative one

I know music inside and out. you just know specs. go learn how to interpret them

003 said:
Man you are slow. I used to own an Audigy2 as my main sound card. Then I owned an X-fi.

and you liked it, until you heard somebody tell you about that resampled bs

the funny thing is, bothe topics I started in here this week turned into a all out war. LOL So It is between a X-FI, and a Audigy. Not sure which way I am leaning yet.

Without getting into technical aspects (because i simply don't know them), i hear that the X-Fi is worth it. I've got an Audigy2 ZS and it makes all my music sound beautiful out of my simple 2.1 speakers.

lancec2c30 said:
O, ok so I am assuming it is a every thread kinda thing.

Yep. Any time one starts posting in a thread about anything audio, the other one pops in and they argue away.

I see. well I am still not sure. Reviews I read are just mixed. Everybody says the X-Fi is great, and they also say the audigy is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom