X-FI or audigy

Status
Not open for further replies.
molsen said:
here we go again...

LOL...

take everything 003 says with a grain of salt. he's from super audio geeksville with there is more myth than truth.

he thinks that having gold connectors will improve the sound when in reality it just prevents rust.

he think that mp3 sound like crap when in reality he was listening to cassette 10 years ago at 66db s/n ratio at 10% distortion. we won't talk about wow and flutter.

EricB said:
he thinks that having gold connectors will improve the sound when in reality it just prevents rust.
Actually I have said many times that cables and other things of the sort (anti vibration with solidstate, etc...) are infact a myth and a lie. They dont make any difference and I don't know why you keep saying I think they do.

Take what I say or leave it (directed at thread starter). If you want to see whats wrong with the Audigy line then just search the forum I have gone in depth on it and even quoted official creative emails, however EricB and Crysalis both still seem to think that it's not true. Besides that I dont see why anyone would get an Audigy when you could get the X-fi at the prices I posted.

1 guy post a so called quote from creative and it's suppose to be true. yet when I ask creative they say it isn't.

they ran test to prove that the creative was superior to the X-fi (which among other things, they claim to make a mp3 songs sound better than the original cd with it's crystallizer eq. that's another audio myth)

003 is like one of 100 guy on earth who don't like the audigy series. what's he fail to realize is, that if it weren't for creative, there would be no m-audio, no turtle beach and any other high end card maker.

creative made a 16 bit stereo card 10-15 years ago with every body else was stuck on 8 bit mono audio with system noise. if it weren't for creative, you could not listen to nice audio sounds on the computer.

everybody's else card are based off of creative. creative bought audio to the computer world.

but according to 003, creative doesn't know anything about audio

EricB said:
1 guy post a so called quote from creative and it's suppose to be true. yet when I ask creative they say it isn't.
We've already been through that. Would you like to point out to me where they say that the DSP on the Audigy2 does not resample the audio to 48KHz before it outputs the signal?

EricB said:
they ran test to prove that the creative was superior to the X-fi (which among other things, they claim to make a mp3 songs sound better than the original cd with it's crystallizer eq. that's another audio myth)
So it is now proven that the creative is superior to the X-fi? Great, I always knew it. I don't know who "they" are, but whoever they are, their apparantley 100% accurate test is wrong. Please show me where this test was done and I will point out what was done wrong. Of course the crystallizer is a gimmick. All you need to do is disable it.

EricB said:
what's he fail to realize is, that if it weren't for creative, there would be no m-audio, no turtle beach and any other high end card maker.
Just because creative made the first computer sound card by no means makes them the best, last I checked. Also, neither Turtle Beach or Creative are in any way high end. The professional branch of creative is E-MU, and they actually do make some products which are quite good.

EricB said:
everybody's else card are based off of creative.
I am so sorry, but that is purely and simply wrong.

EricB said:
but according to 003, creative doesn't know anything about audio
Creative most certiantly does know something about audio, it's called E-MU. Just because their consumer-level products are not high end, and some of which are significantly worse than other similarly priced consumer-level produtcs does not mean they don't know about audio. It means they are out to make money, not a quality product. People like you are the reason Creative continues to thrive, and there is nothing wrong with that, as they do make the absolute best gaming sound cards. In fact, if I recall correctly, was their first sound card not geared towards gaming (Doom 1)?

okay so I want a sound card that I can hook a z5500 up to and play games, watch movies, and listen to music on.

What is my best option for this all around card? I would prefer not to go above about 110 dollars.

I am sorry to start another flame war :( LOL

Do you need the gaming features of the creative cards (EAX, CMSS3d, etc...) or would a normal sound card be fine? You've got a good set of gaming speakers, so if I was in your situation I would probably go for the X-fi. You can get it very cheaply, look at the links I posted.

If EAX and that stuff dosnt matter to you, get an M-Audio Revolution 5.1 (the 5.1 is better than the 7.1 version).

a creative sound will be fine. maybe some day in the future when they invent a game that will use that ram that the x-fi got then you might want to get it, but in the meantime any card is fine.

ignore 003. he is from outer space. he has some special robotic ears that we don't have.

somewhere between all of his technibabble, he will never mention where exactly do the sound of the audigy messes up. he will just keep resampling the sample.

he will never say anything like

"When I play 1812 overture, you hear noise in the quiet spots of the song with the audigy where as you hear dead silence in with the x-fi or E-mu"

or

"the audigy seems to emphasize the S's in women voices giving them a nasal sound, whereas with the x-fi or E-mu, the S sound start and stop on a dime"

no. he will just resample the sample. he thinks that it sound bad because of something that he heard from somebody else

in reality he is one of those rich guys who have a lot of money and they buy a lot of expensive audio equipment. they believe everything that they read, even when it not true. they think that they are audiophiles

you want to know the super geek audiophile's biggest problem is? he never had cheap stuff to compare the good with. he just goes by word of mouth (what somebody else says)

that is why he will never be a true audiophile.

a true audiophile is the game for the love of audio. he will put blood sweat and tears into it. he will get bad stuff (he will get rid of it) because he isn't rich, plus he like to trial and error. he will run into many different brand of equipment, because he mingle with people (other music people good or bad), whereas the geek audio guys will diss everybody's stuff but his, so he doesn't too many friends or colleagues

the worst part?

the geek audiophile will never have a clue.

he just think that he's right and everybody else is wrong

so should I just go for the audigy card a was looking at?

Now I am sure I already know this but, I will notice a huge difference over onboard sound wont I??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom