X-Box to Sound Blaster Live help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipDouglas

Beta member
I have a question about getting surround sound from my X Box.
So here is the situation, I have a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card in my PC, and I've got Creative 5.1 T5400 speakers hooked up to it. And my question is, what would you recomend doing to hook up the X-Box Toslink cable to get true 5.1 channel sound?

I saw this Sound Blaster MP3+, which connects through the USB http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?prodid=4991

and was wondering if that would work since it has an optical digital input.

also, In the description for the Sound Blaster MP3+ it says it has only 2 output channels, would this be a problem?

Thanks alot in advance, and if I didnt make something quite clear just let me know, Thanks again.

to get a real 5.1 surround sound from your x-box, your soundcard must have a s/pdif in jack, not the common line in jack. i don't know exactly if sblive 5.1 have this s/pdif in, but i think it has only s/pdif out jack.

thanks for the reply,

so what you are saying is that I need an optical audio input. And thats why I was wondering if that SoundBlaster MP3+ (which has an s/pdif in) would help me out if I hooked it up to my PC (so the X Box would go through the SoundBlaster MP3+ to my PC to my SB Live 5.1 card to my 5.1 speakers)

or would this not work?

(hope that made sense)

yeah, that would be really better choice. with it you can hook up almost all external digital source, like digital stereo/5.1 reciever, x-box, playstation 2, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom