Would like to get TV sound through PC speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very top of the panel where it says "Input 1" those three plugs go to my DVD player. At the very bottom of the panel the two red/white RCA plugs also go to my DVD player (for audio). Right above those are two red/white RCA plugs and those go to the Logitech game adapter that is plugged into my speakers.

@EricB: I understand everything you are asking/suggesting, but I think the problem is simply on the software side. Desktop seems to understand how his cable setup works.

@desktop: Like I said, I think your problem is in the software settings: Have you tried modifying the following settings? (If not, can you and then post?)

FIRST
pic1.png

Double click on the volume icon, then go to options->properties

THEN
pic2.png

Make sure you select 'Rear Blue In' (I assume you connected to the blue port on the MoBo).

FINALLY
pic3.png

Make sure you can see the volume slider and then try to play the tv audio while making sure nothing else is playing.

Post back to see if this helped.

ncjimn, you're a genius! That worked. However there is still a low hum in the background. Not really that bad except for when there's no sound at all I can hear it.

Now ... is there a way to switch between listening to the TV and listening to something from the computer (like when I play an mp3 or use Winamp)?

Thank you for the help :)

I could give more details if he posted picture of the back of the computer, but he seems to get agitated everytime I ask to see something. I don't use onboard sound

he just change his last post. it was smart alec like then he realize that he didn't answer me correctly so he edited and fixed his answer.

Hey pal ... I posted a picture of the back of my computer, just like you asked. And my last post I changed because I thought if I explained everything in a little more detail that would help. Chill out.

Hey pal ... I posted a picture of the back of my computer, just like you asked. And my last post I changed because I thought if I explained everything in a little more detail that would help. Chill out.

where is it at? the same place that you posted the first link of the belkin cable? which is nowhere in this post

I know how to fix your hum and switch that sound on and off. but I'll let ncjimn tell you. this problem would have been resolved if you stop attacking people that trying to help you

where is the belkin link?

This is my system: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev2.1, Quad Q6600 SLACR, PCP&C Silencer 610, 2 x 1GB G.SKILL PC6400, Thermalright Ultra120E, running Windows XP Home (SP2).

I have updated the Realtek audio driver (5.10.0.5497) and have the Realtek HD Audio Manager set up for my Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers. What I would like to know is if it is possible to connect my TV to this MB and be able to have the TV sound come through the speakers? I'd like to be able to switch between TV sound and PC sound if it's possible.

I bought a Belkin Y Audio Cable to hook up to my TV because someone had suggested that I could just plug the 3.5mm connector into the Line-In jack on the I/O panel to get sound from the TV, but this does not work. The only thing I get is a humming sound.

I have made sure nothing is muted in the sound panel and I have went through all the settings screens in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. There are no options for the Line-In jack, aside from selecting it when I plug something into it.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and could offer some suggestions.

Thanks.

where is the computer?

The Logitech game adapter which I have my X-530 speakers hooked into (the other end goes straight to the TV).

adapter.jpg

The Belkin Y-cable. Kind of a pointless picture because I have the link to this in my first post and you can see it on that page. But anyway, here it is....

ycable.jpg

The hook ups on the back of my Hitachi 57" projection TV. The Logitech game adapter is plugged into the Output Audio IN/OUT.

backoftv.jpg

backoftv2.jpg

backoftv3.jpg

I'm not using any program to play TV sound. I'm using my X-530 speakers hooked to the audio out ports on my TV with the Logitech game adapter.

Now, if we can get back to my problem........

ncjimn, thanks for your help. That worked. However there is still a low hum in the background. Not really that bad except for when there's no sound at all I can hear it.

Now ... is there a way to switch between listening to the TV and listening to something from the computer (like when I play an mp3 or use Winamp)?

To jump on someone who didn't even do anything is pretty lame. I answered all your questions and even posted the pictures you wanted, and you keep whining about me attacking you?

My God, you need to go away like now.

show me the belkin link that you claim to have posted in your 1st post (first attack). then show me a picture that you posted showing the back of your computer (3rd. you deleted the 2nd one), then I will go away.

nobody with the exception of crysalis can tell you how to get rid of that hum but me. but I won't do anything else for your ungrateful but

you're welcome

Eric was trying to help... he definitely knows his stuff. Since you don't want his help, I doubt he will offer any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom