Would like to get TV sound through PC speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desktop

Baseband Member
This is my system: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev2.1, Quad Q6600 SLACR, PCP&C Silencer 610, 2 x 1GB G.SKILL PC6400, Thermalright Ultra120E, running Windows XP Home (SP2).

I have updated the Realtek audio driver (5.10.0.5497) and have the Realtek HD Audio Manager set up for my Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers. What I would like to know is if it is possible to connect my TV to this MB and be able to have the TV sound come through the speakers? I'd like to be able to switch between TV sound and PC sound if it's possible.

I bought a Belkin Y Audio Cable to hook up to my TV because someone had suggested that I could just plug the 3.5mm connector into the Line-In jack on the I/O panel to get sound from the TV, but this does not work. The only thing I get is a humming sound.

I have made sure nothing is muted in the sound panel and I have went through all the settings screens in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. There are no options for the Line-In jack, aside from selecting it when I plug something into it.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and could offer some suggestions.

Thanks.

That's why I got the Y-cable. I want sound from my TV through my PC. I can get sound from the TV into my speakers with a Logitech game adapter, but that isn't what I want to do.

I bought the Y-cable which has two RCA plugs on one end (red and white) which plug into the audio ports on the back of the TV and then the single 3.5mm plug that goes into the Line-In jack on the audio back panel of my PC.

This doesn't work so I'm not sure what to do now. I'm at work now but I can post pictures tomorrow. What do you want me to take pictures of?

the cables, the back of the tv, and the computer. what program are you using to play the tv sound?

The Logitech game adapter which I have my X-530 speakers hooked into (the other end goes straight to the TV).

adapter.jpg

The Belkin Y-cable. Kind of a pointless picture because I have the link to this in my first post and you can see it on that page. But anyway, here it is....

ycable.jpg

The hook ups on the back of my Hitachi 57" projection TV. The Logitech game adapter is plugged into the Output Audio IN/OUT.

backoftv.jpg

backoftv2.jpg

backoftv3.jpg

I'm not using any program to play TV sound. I'm using my X-530 speakers hooked to the audio out ports on my TV with the Logitech game adapter.

you don't have a link posted on the rca to 1/8 inch cord (it's was never a Y adapter) for one. that why I asked for pictures. I need all of the pictures to see that you have things hooked up wrong and you do have thing hooked up wrong.

I detect a hint of ungratefulness. please tell me that I'm wrong. I don't mind helping people that appreciate it

BTW why do you have a video in and aux out connected to the tv one the 3 wire rca? if you are not being ungrateful explain where each wire goes in this picture

backoftv2.jpg

I'm not being ungrateful. If you got that assumption from my post somehow I apologize. Anyway......

Input 1 the video and audio connections and the AUDIO OUT at the very bottom go to my DVD player. The game adapter is plugged into the OUTPUT Audio L/R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom