Akubane

Fully Optimized
lol. In relation to my post earlier.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f12/soundcard-eax-159783/
I've been re-thinking my speaker choice and its at a standoff between

Logitech Z5500
and
Altec Lansing 5051

Which one do you guys figure would be better? I've got some 2.1 Altec's now and they sound great. Only reason I never checked for altec is because ncix doesn't stock them. Never really thought anything of it untill about 5 min ago lol.

Again main use is gaming, 2nd is Loud music. Of course I could just go buy a home stereo for that but pc setups are getting pretty good. Considering my PC has all my music on it, untill a CD can hold 10 000+ songs that is, may as well just get something good that can do both. Pluggin the iPod into home stereo is always possible but searching/picking songs on it just plain sucks haha.

Edit~ Actually, if anyone can suggest anything better. Preferrably 5.1 or Above. Price between 200-500 I guess.

I do like the reviews the Z5500's gets "Fearsome volume levels" lol "Insane Bass for PC Speakers." etc.
Wish I could just walk into a PC store and test these out and compare them myself in person.

z5500's are amazing!! i own me some.. and i must say, the bass levels are insane!!! 10 inch woofer, vs. 2 6's... i would say the 10 hands down.. 1000watt max power, 550rms or something like that.. the sub alone takes up 200 watts rms

this thing seriously hits.. and distortion if you have a soundcard.. is almost none.. well at least to these ears... beautiful speakers!! owned em over a year, and still sounding crisp

well darn. that was an easy decision. i'm sold haha. What you think about a soundcard. the creative X-fi? not the fatal1ty? (hear nothin but bad reviews) could you post a newegg link so I can search around? I found the z5500's 100$+ cheaper on amazon than ncix. so thats sweet.

Edit~ lol not related in any way shape or form but man your sig rocks lol Every time I see it I'm like OH man Cool. i'm a huge naruto fan so thats another bonus XD

if you can find an x-fi xtreme music that would be awesome.. cuz there's those 2 other x-fi.. that look like half a card.. lol those ones suck...

as for the fatality.. its just like the xtreme music.. only w/ added xram.. which sucks.. cuz the older x-fi was only 80 bucks! paying extra 80 bucks for un-needed ram, and the fatality name :(

i'm on an audigy 2zs platinum right now and it still sounds amazing.. but, i do love the x-fi alot more.. used to own me one.. but i sold it to someone here on tech forums

apok also has the z-5500 and x-fi combo.. good ****!!!

your neighbors will complain if bumping.. easily host a houseparty w/ these speakers!! surprisingly for pc speakers.. they're nuts

yes, that is the x-fi i am talking about.. excellent soundcard for the price.. i like an idiot bought it for 130 at best buy back in the day.. lol...

definitely a great combo.. and a few people know how to do some mods to clear up even more distortion (though i myself never really heard any)

but x-fi's are pretty amazing i must say... crappy quality music on myspace will sound like 320bit rate songs from a cd!! its insane.. really great processors no doubt

haha just read the comment about the sig!! yaa, it is pretty awesome, i love rock lee.. he's so determined w/ what he does.. he's really inspired me to do alot of things in this life of mine... great person to try to follow... i've actually done my share of tree punching from him!!! hahaha!!!! fun stuff..

The XFI and z5500 combo is indeed quite nice. If you are an audiophile then it's definitely not the best choice...but if you simply like good, loud sound and intense 3d gaming then I can't say there's really a better combo.

XD Thats exactly what I was lookin for. I couldn't call myself an audiophile because my hearings so poor I wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyhow. Who woulda thought there was a reason for all those years of people telling me not to have music so loud lol. Ah well ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom