WMP freezing comp when trying to open file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikozomo

Beta member
Whenever I open a file that uses Windows Media Player, the Player will load, and it says "Connecting to media", after a few seconds the computer crashes and I'm forced to reset. Realplayer, divx, etc will work fine, and I can open windows media player as long as its not loading a file.

This happened to me in the past before, and someone told me to (Not sure if this is right, been a long time) to uncheck the option that makes window check the size before playing the file? This worked, but now since I have updated Windows Media Player, the problem has crept up again. (I'm guessing it checked the option when I upgraded)

While I would go uncheck the option, I have forgotten where the heck it was. Does anyone know what option I'm talking about, and how to get there? Thanks in advance

I've never run across that check box....This sounds like a matter of having the right drivers and codecs....update them, and if that doesn't work, it could be your processing is just too slow (although I doubt that, if other files are fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom