Witchcraft or sh*tty company?

Crenewer

In Runtime
In the beginning of the year, I bought a pair of headphones for 16,99€ in the shop nearby. They're actually pretty good for that price, I looked for headphones around that price and they didn't match the good specifications of the ones I intended to buy. But here's the thing - almost a month later, the audio sometimes started to sound weird once in a while. To make it stop, I had to wiggle this part right here between the jack and the cable:
jr7GezW.png

Everyday it got worse and worse, I even had to bend it and secure it once I found the perfect spot for the perfect sound, otherwise it wouldn't stop making this weird crappy sound. After a week, I couldn't do anything to stop it. It was also too late to replace the headphones - only had one month to do it since the day I bought them.
It gets weirder. This wasn't the first time I bought these headphones. Around September last year, I bought the exact same headphones from the same company - and the exact same thing happened to them! What the hell?!
I didn't do anything at all to damage them, they looked in perfect condition.
Here's the headphones' website containing all the specs and info:
Full bass headphone, blue - SV 5610 - Headphones | One For All | United Kingdom
So what was the problem?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Wow the same thing happens to me when I buy headphones like that. If you really badly want to fix it, you could try opening that part and try to fix or solder any loose connections

Yea there are bad solder joints in there or broken wires, most likely when you bend it it's just pressing the break together for a better connection, Only time I ever fixed that I got a new plug and replaced it but ended up just buying some quality ones to replace them.

Wow the same thing happens to me when I buy headphones like that. If you really badly want to fix it, you could try opening that part and try to fix or solder any loose connections

What do you mean? Why do you sound like I'm being dumb? I don't know if this is common in headphones but it shouldn't.
So yeah, this headphones situation made me mad because I'm only a 17 years old guy that rarely has money, and spending it on something to supposedly last longer and it doesn't, frustrates me.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Why do you sound like I'm being dumb? I don't know if this is common in headphones but it shouldn't.
So yeah, this headphones situation made me mad because I'm only a 17 years old guy that rarely has money, and spending it on something to supposedly last longer and it doesn't, frustrates me.

I mean, it shouldn't be my problem something like this to happen ffs.

So yeah, this headphones situation made me mad because I'm only a 17 years old guy that rarely has money, and spending money for something to supposedly last longer and it doesn't, frustrates me.

It is kinda common in cheap stuff.

M8 don't worry I know what it's like for u. I'm only 14 yrs old, at least u can get a small job or something.

Oh yeah and I'm not acting like ur dumb it's just prob because that's how I type or u mistaken me for sarcasm.

That part of headphones gets stressed a lot and is prone to being damaged even from normal use. That's why the 'stress reliever' part is there...but it can still break inside if bent enough. A nice little tip: take the spring out of an old click-pen, and wrap it around the wire / base of that stress reliever to give yourself some more room for stress relief on the headphone cord.

A nice little tip: take the spring out of an old click-pen, and wrap it around the wire / base of that stress reliever to give yourself some more room for stress relief on the headphone cord.
Does that tip work after the occurred problem? he... =/ he...
Seriously, is there any solution to this?
If you really badly want to fix it, you could try opening that part and try to fix or solder any loose connections
^ Does this work? I'm not that desperate, I'm using some headphones someone gave to me, but if there's any solution, I'll take it.

I'm not that desperate, I'm using some headphones someone gave to me, but if there's any solution, I'll take it.
It just kills me to throw away some headphones in perfect condition. I didn't even use them much.

Back
Top Bottom