Wireless Media Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_Wiz

Solid State Member
Can someone confirm my thoughts on a wireless setup I am trying to design for a client.

The situation is that the client has a large boat and they want to have a static media centre for playing music connected to there audio system. (i figured a laptop with external storage drive)

Firstly, would I be wise to source an external sound card device to increase the quality and allow optics out or would the quality be fine for the purpose considering the system requires only 2 channel input.

Secondly, the client would like to be able to at anytime access and change the playlist items from anywhere on the boat using a device which is handheld. I had in mind an IPAQ running windows OS and communicating through 802 wireless access point. Would I be best to simply set up and train the client on how to use remote access or is there some sort of better way to be able to remotely access the laptop and minipulate a media program with ease.

Maybe there is a better system with a wireless Gui type remote that may suit the job a little better. Price is not an issue so I am open to all ideas.

Thanks again

as ??

What I have planned out so far is simply , laptop, wireless AP, ipaq running a winamp plugin through a local lan and http access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom