Wireless headphones sound like S*** unless I use equilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamworld

Beta member
So I recently bought wirelss some headphones Sony MDRF925RK. They look great and I got them on a huge sale, but what I found is if 1: a door shuts in a movie or some loud noise they tend to "click" sounds like static shock or something and 2: songs with bass sounds horrible.

Both of these problems are solved when I set VLC to "flat." Since I don't really care about bass quality, and for the price of them I don't have a problem with perma-setting my sound to lower bass.

What I'm wondering is it a problem with the headphones? I can exchange them and even if these are lower level I'd expect Sony 100+ Retail to at least be usable.. If it isn't then can I set my sound card to "flat" so I can listen to youtube and other places without messing with the equalizer every time?

I have some old sound card with Sound MAX driver which has "Acoustic Environments" (like cave, forest, underwater) and no equilizer (WTF). Can I download an equilizer to run at start up or what are my options here?

Appreciate them help, A.

Should be able to do that, winamp, windows media player and media player classic should have equalizers in them.
What kind of sound card do you have, if you have realtek, soundblaster they have their own equalizers built into their sound card driver packages for download.

Sound Max, I couldn't tell you right off hand, last time I touched that sound card was 2 years ago, right before I threw out my mothers dell 2400 for a better pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom