Windows media player and winamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winamp is great. It supports aac+ and a bunch of different formats. If you really want to step it up use VLC media player.

The General said:
Windows Media Player is a joke. You need to turn the WOW and the EQ effects off, they ruin music. I called them WOW and EW effects.

I use WOW effect in my WMP10, and it makes the music sounds much better. Winamp sucks because it doesn't have this option.
Also i like WMP more because it looks much better than Winamp and it is easier to use. It also has much better visualization.

WPM is better than Winamp in everything. END OF STORY.

I use headphones for the most part, I switched to winamp not because of sound quality but because of how buggy WMP is.

I love Winamp.. :)

The WMP, WOW effects and enhancers sound better than the default winamp ones. I dunno, I like how winamp looks and everything, but for some reason everything I play through it sounds kinda "weaker." Hmm yet I diddnt play with it enough, but the Wow effects are "sometimes" good on WMP, but not too much, and bass boost is not a good thing to use on my speakers, they were good for my other ones.

The WMP WOW effects compress the signal... go to "bars and waves" for visualization and click scope. thats a sinwave. thats the signal thats being sent to the speakers. i have a feeling that that signal is ONLY the left channel. play some heavy bass tracks and some tracks with alot of highs. as well as mids. turn the WOW effects on and off and watch the sine wave... BTW disengage the equalizer. if u want to see a distorted sinewave, set the equalizer settings to a good 3-14 and you can hear satan screaming.
-the "WOW effect"(not TruBass) i think just alters some of the signal. it widens the soundstage and brings out the subtleties in music as well as pushes the singer in the center back 20 feet. everything else seems enhanced except the artist's voice... which seems to be deminished.
-i have no idea what TruBass does but it also is compressed and controlled...
I dont use any thing but the color scheme. the SRS WOW Effects causes the music to be unnatural.
i could be wrong about everything.
ps-whatever floats your boat. go with what u like. sound is subjective.

It has to do a lot with speakers, even ones in same prices ranges can be VERY different, such as my experience suggests, my settings right now are almost opposite of my other speakers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom