Windows media player and winamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Just noticed how much better WMP sounds compared to winamp, so i uninstalled winamp and im now using WMP 11.

Why do so many people use other media players when WMP is better? i mean its not like the difference is hardly noticable either, instantly it just sounds better, and thats without touching the "enhancements" thing

Windows Media Player is a joke. You need to turn the WOW and the EQ effects off, they ruin music. I called them WOW and EW effects. :cool:

Winamp sounds better, trust me. Windows Media Player applies bass boosts and EQ "enhancers" and it's just a nightmare for people who like sound quality.

Reinstall Winamp, and have some dignity. Windows Media Player is for n00bs who don't know any better... :rolleyes::mad:

WMP is a wonderful player. Winamp in my opinions sounds a bit flatter and thinner. i dont use any enhancement or eq when i play music and it sounds great.

i agree.. the wow effects compress the signal or someting... compromises with the music...

IMO WMP sounds better, but I just like Winamp better because it is more convenient in organizing my music....it also loads all my music alot more faster then WMP.

WMP initially loads up quicker for me.

And with the wow effect turned off it doesnt sound as good and its quieter to me.

I think its tit for tat isnt it, our computer setups are different, i.e different speakers/location of speaker, actuall pc and sound card and what the users definition of "good sound" is, obviously some peoples standards will be higher or lower than myself.

Yea, winamp gives you the REAL sound and WMP taints it with it's artificial ways. If you want to hear the audio in it's origin, go winamp. Then you can do whatever to tweak it to your liking, like adjust it's EQ or even install plugins to do some really creative things to your sound.

If your really concerned w/ the sound quality, you'd use winamp and have .FLAC versions of your audio [FLAC = lossless audio, smaller than .wav]. WMP can't play flacs, only wav. Do a sound test with these if you really want to hear a difference.

Just input from a musician..

The General is right. WMP is for noobs, the only thing that makes you think it sounds better is different EQ post processing, which is also there in winamp. programs in general do not have the impact on the music quality , it depends on your speakers, sound card, and source music file.

Winamp is much more flexible (and faster in classic skin) then WMP you can do what ever you want with your music by pluginsm, also it has comfortable and fast library. And in general, if you are able to do more then just click play/stop you can turn winamp into ultimate music player.

If you have Winamp with ASIO output it will sound better than WMP. In fact it sounds better without it, lol. WMP has all kinds of bass boost and EQ and "enhancements", but in reality anything that makes a song sound different than it was recorded via resampling, it is making it sound worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom