Windows Media Player Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

z0s0

Solid State Member
hey, i've been having a problem with windows media player, and was wondering if anyone here could help me.

all of a sudden it wouldnt run for me. this error came up:
2.jpg

i uninstalled it, removed it from windows components, and deleted it from program files. but, these files would not delete in the windows media player folder in program files:
4.jpg

i tryed to reinstall, and this message came up:
3.jpg

could anyone here help me with this program and try to resolve it. i would be very thankful. thanks!!!

-tim:cool:

start up in safe mode and then try to remove those files...
all those files are installed with media player, so one must be corrupt or something...

i dont know how to startup in safe mode. i have an hp and it dont give me the menu when i restart my computer :\

honestly I have never had to restart in safe mode before, the only time I ever got to it was just by turning off the computer a couple times and the menu came up...

hmmm... I would look but I am on the librarys computer and it is locked...

have you tried to just restart it..., then delete the files

i restarted, and tryed to delete the files. they can be deleted indaviduallly, BUT, they come back. its very weird.

when i try to delete the windows media folder, it says its being used by another person or program.

I wish I could access the hard drive on the computer i'm on, grrr... I have no way to test anything to see whats wrong.. so I don't know if I can help, the only thing I can suggest now is to press ctrl-alt-del and look in processes for anything haveing to do with that folder or those files...

winamp sucks fro playing videos, soooo much. thats what i want windows media player for.

Did your PC come with XP Service Pack 2 already installed? If it did not, I would suggest uninstalling it (if you allowed it to be uninstalled when you installed it). On my computer, I have all of those files in this folder in addition to the Media Player folder:

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

After uninstalling SP2, delete those files again like you did previously. Then, you can reinstall Windows Media Player. Finally, reinstall SP2.

If you cannot uninstall SP2, you could also try moving those seven files in the two locations to a temporary folder. After that, try installing Windows Media Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom