Window Media Player 11 (beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirgeKananga

Baseband Member
I recently downloaded the WMP 11 beta version. It's worked fine up until now. Music and downloaded videos play fine on it. The trouble I'm having is with the DVD audio. Whenever I load a DVD to play, the sound is extremely grainy and loud with alot of white noise. I've checked my sound card audio (Soundblaster Audigy SE), but nothing seems to be malfunctioning there. I've tried to go into the 'tools' menu but I'm not finding anything that may help me fix the problem. Please help!
If this is a random bug associated with beta, is it safe to uninstall the Media Player 11 and reinstall Media Player 10? I'm asking because I tried to do this before, and I get a message saying that removing WMP 11 with cause some programs to run improperly.

Yeah, its safe to uninstall. The only program that will work improperly is WMP 11, the one you are installing. I don't like 11 at all, so i uninstalled it, got the same error message, then reinstalled 10. No Problems.

how did you do that? I had to use system restore to get 10 back, be cause it would alway say that it detected a newer wmp and it wouldn't install

OK. I've rolled back to Media Player 10, but the sound on DVD playback is still the same. Highly distorted, grainy, white noise. I've tried to playback through a program called NVDVD. It's an nVidia media player, but when I try to do that I get an error message saying the video decoder is not detected.

Now the media player isn't playing DVDs at all! NVDVD says I do not have the nVidia Video Decoder. If I get this should it fix the problem?

Since I've installed the nVidia decoder, everything was going fine. But, now when I play DVDs the sound is stuttering, and cracking (as if the sound playback is too slow. I've tried adjusting the playback speed, I've updated all of the drivers for the soundcard (soundblaster audigy se), and the video decoder is working fine. What's going on? The last thing I did was download and install a Divx decoder, and the additional software that came with it (Divx converter, Divx player). Since then WPM 10 is playing back DVDs with this distorted sound. I've uninstalled the Divx software and restarted my computer, but nothing is changing. Anybody know what the problem is here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom