Winamp playlist retrieval

guinness1983

Baseband Member
Is it possible? I installed a new OS (7 over vista), I backed up everything but i forgot all about winamp/itunes and their playlists. I lost around two dozen playlists on winamp alone which I would like be able to retrieve.

I still have the winamp program files in my windows.old folder that win7 saved. I was able to run utorrent from there without installing it to the new os, I'm hoping there's a way I can do
the same fro winamp:(

Idk if this belongs here or the software forums but as it is specific to audio and multimedia I posted here.

You wont be able to retrieve anything unless it's saved somewhere. Or if you want to attempt data recovery (not worth the $)

I do have Easeus data recovery, might be worth looking into. Do you happen to know if the playlist is stored in any particular folder or file type?

Yeah, I have backups and like I said in my original post, I still have all the original winamp folders used with my old os. I'm hoping there is a file in there that has the playlist stored.

I want to be able to use my Winamp playlists. My Media player has caused me no end of problems in that area and I just don't want to deal with it any more.

Back
Top Bottom