Winamp (& other programs) has trouble playing some vids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosilver311

In Runtime
Winamp & other programs have trouble playing some videos...

ok, winamp, windows media player 11, and other programs used to play vids are not playing certain videos i have. the problem is not limited to a certain file type, such as not playing all avi files. it is pretty random, like it will play some .asf files and not others. often times it will cause winamp (my main program for playing any audio/video) to crash. many of these files DID play back fine at one point, several months ago. i dont know what may have happened between now and then to cause a problem.

i downloaded the K-Lite codec pack, AGAIN and installed it. still having the same problem. so just curious, where does winamp look for codecs? maybe i have the codec pack installed somewhere winamp doesnt know where to look. what do you guys think??

i forgot that i even had VLC, but it played all the vids that winamp wasnt playing. but, i am going to be a pain in the ***, and ask why is it that winamp cant play these same files? i use winamp for everything and would like to continue to do so.

so what is it that VLC has/is doing that winamp isnt? what can i do to get winamp to play these files?

Try uninstalling the codecs, and reinstalling. Sometimes, codecs overlay can cause 2 filters to act in one time. First, get GSopt and open the video files. then check under the codecs box, you should have that specific codec. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom