Winamp MP3 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

1515panopticon

Baseband Member
My friend updated my PC a while back by putting a new processor, new cd-roms, new hard drive, etc... Everything works fine except MP3s.. When I got it back I tried listening to some mp3s on Windows Media Player and they sounded all choppy like a cd skipping. So I downloaded Winamp and my MP3s played fine until now. All of a sudden I can't play MP3s with Winamp, everything else works fine like wavs and video files (avi, mpg, mpeg, etc). I looked in the supported file types and everything is selected but MP3 isn't even in there. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Winamp several times and even looked to see if they had any kind of MP3 support I could download for it, but none... If anybody could help that would be awesome, thanks!

I went into the device manager and under Other Devices there is a exclamation mark by PCI Card, anybody know what this is and what kind of driver I should download for it? Maybe thats the problem?

Thats an odd problem. The PCI card is sound card related since it connects your computer's processor to things like the sound card, hard drive, ect. But I don't think its your PCI card. There is no reason that Winamp shouldn't have MP3 under its file types. If your still having this problem I think the best advice would be to uninstall Winamp again. Then, assuming your on a Windows OS, go into program files and delete the Winamp file inside. Then just make sure your getting the newest version of Winamp on the official website when you d'load it. Past that I don't know. Hope that helps.

I fixed it the other day... And it was very odd how it was fixed..

I had Windows Media Player 7 or 8 I think, I downloaded version 9 and now Winamp works fine (plays MP3's again) but Windows Media Player doesnt...very weird

I would download everest so it will tell you the name of the soundcard. then I would download it's latest drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom