Winamp and 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeXon

Baseband Member
I've just downloaded winamp and I tried to play my songs but the program would only use the two front speakers.

I have philips 5.1 speakers and it works with windows media player... any suggestions as to how I can get it working on winamp?

You have to go into the options and then plugins but I'm not sure which plugin it was but anyway if you have a look through them, one of them will have an option to change the speaker setting.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help, I haven't used Winamp for some time now.

try using your windows' volume control center

and find out the properties
check the ones you want to have set up

Re:

Hello,

Make sure that 5.1 is enabled in windows. Then go to Winamp Preferences, then Output in Plug-ins. Then on the right select DirectSound Output. Once the screen appears, make sure that at the top in the Device tab, select your 5.1 sound device. Make sure the the two boxes at the top are checked too. Then apply, ok, and close winamp.

Open Winamp again, and navigate back to the DirectSound Output menu. Under Device Info, it should state Speaker Setup: 5.1. If it doesn't, or you don't get 5.1 audio, go back into DirectSound Output, and click apply and ok again. Then play audio to check 5.1 functionality.

It took a while for me to activate 5.1 in Winamp, but it can be done :D . The settings can be fussy. You simply need to modify the output plugin settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom