Wierd sound hiccups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiemiles99

Beta member
Hi, I'm at my wits end!

I have recently started recording live DJ mixes as 1 big wav file, then splitting up the tracks using CoolEdit. i then use Nero to burn this to a music CD, making the gap between tracks as 0 seconds. this worked fine for the first CD i made - I get a CD where it plays as one continuous piece if I leave it alone, but I can skip to the start of any individual track if I want.

The next CD I made like this had a strange feature - about 1 second before each track mark there is a sort of hiccup in the sound, where it sounds like a small section of the music (half a second-ish) has been reversed. Ever since, most CDs I make this way do this.

More recently, I got an iPod and installed iTunes which came with it. Playing a DJ mix CD (a store-bought one, not one of my own)from iTunes (and some other CDs which are not continuous) seems to have the same effect - just before the end of a track, I get a little hiccup. However, playing the CD through windows media player does not do this.

If it makes any difference, I am on XP and using CD writer Samsung SW-208B. The fact that seems to happen for some CDs and not others, and seems to happen with some softwares and not others has left me completely bewildered.

Anyone ever come across anything like this?

CHeers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom