Why wont both my speakers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I assume its windows software, because they work good on my Archos 5.

Anyone that can lead me why one dosent work while the other does, ill appreciate it.

BTW, on control panel, on sound, I open my speakers there, and click "Test , or preview i forgot which one)

And they both sound, so I know that it is a windows issue, not my speakers.

I got the Logitech Z-4

Moved to audio.

Drivers installed? Software installed? What OS? Which software? Have you tried to reinstall that software? If the Windows Test works then it is NOT Windows. Cause if it was the test would not have worked. So it is specific software.

i did not know, I needed drivers for this.

where can i download them?

Vista, 64 bit.

There aren't drivers for speakers, just for the sound cards/inbuilt audio on the computer.

Ric0h, when does the sound not come out of the speaker? Always? When you play songs/vids? Just certain sounds?

It could be a number of things, but here's one thing to check. If you double click on the sound icon in the task bar (the one that controls the volume), see if you can open up any advanced settings.
There should be a drop-down list of stuff like Digital Output, Digital Input, Realtek HD Input, etc. You won't necissarily have those, but you get the jist. Cycle through any output's in the list, and check the settings for them are correct. e.g. nothing is muted, it's set to 5.1 if you have 5.1, etc.

Yes you are right Soul. I was hasty in my response. I did not read it thru throughly. But if the sound test goes correctly then it would have to be something else. Try what Soul suggested.

Brain fart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom