Why no sound from burner's phono port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,
Hope you can give me some help.

When I load a CD into DVD burner or the CD-Rom player, they can both produce sound through the pc speakers. However, when I tried to listen to it through plugging my earphone into the phono port in front, no sound comes out of the earphone. Adjusting the volume control doesn't make any difference also.
What could be the reason?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thx

plug the analog audio out plug into the back of the cd rom and into the input of of you soundcard or mobo's aux input

EricB said:
plug the analog audio out plug into the back of the cd rom and into the input of of you soundcard or mobo's aux input

Thx for the reply.

Actually I've already done that earlier - I've connected one end of the audio cable to the analog audio connector on the drives, and the other end to the analog input connector on the sound card. That's why I'm puzzled why there's no sound coming out of the earphones. (Incidentally, I've tested the earphones, there is nothing wrong with it.)

I've also consulted the technician at a local computer shop. According to him, it's just for show and can't be used. I don't believe him. Surely the manufacturers do not put the earphone port there for no reason.

Can anyone please help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom