Why is Bose a No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I try. ;)

I may not be on the elite list yet. But with the guidance of the experts here i can see a bright future....i should say i hear a bright future. :p

I find it easier to copy and paste a link some something like this, rather than go back to school and learn things.

Besides, I sleep right next to my PC with firefox open so I'm learning the internet through osmosis.

The joys of Bose... :eek::freak:

Everyone has pretty much said it. Bose "technologies" really use lots of boom and rumble effects to give that "wow" factor by severely cutting midrange frequencies and/or boosting them (at the same time) for phasing issues that double and cancel other frequencies. Their 2.1 "surround sound" systems just use phase and directional concepts that trick your ears into hearing something behind you. Its not actually surround sound. As mak said, if you turn your head, its gone - just like phase!

It's over-priced garbage. It MAY sound good, but that is ONLY until you hear something that IS good. I dont care how much they cost.

Honestly I don't really know any thing about the technology behind sound other then it's a pulsating magnet that makes noise. However I own a pair of Bose On ear headphones and I could not live with out them. They simply sound great, the bass gets so high it actually tickles your ears on certain songs. Possibly the best 175$ I've ever spent.

The joys of Bose... :eek::freak:

Everyone has pretty much said it. Bose "technologies" really use lots of boom and rumble effects to give that "wow" factor by severely cutting midrange frequencies and/or boosting them (at the same time) for phasing issues that double and cancel other frequencies. Their 2.1 "surround sound" systems just use phase and directional concepts that trick your ears into hearing something behind you. Its not actually surround sound. As mak said, if you turn your head, its gone - just like phase!

It's over-priced garbage. It MAY sound good, but that is ONLY until you hear something that IS good. I dont care how much they cost.

right.....

For the price of lets say a 150 dollar pair of bose headphones or 200 dollar audio system you can get something way better?

I heard they are horribly overpriced from lots of people

a $50 pair of the RIGHT headphones can blow any $150+ Bose headphones.

People shop too often by brand. Yes, brand is a factor.. but don't buy it just cause of it's name. I call this the sound placebo effect. If i were to blindfold you and put 2+ sets of headphones on your head, including a set of Bose, I guarantee you that you'd pick the non-bose. Its all in a name. That is the true test... actually doing AB comparison WITHOUT looking at a brand name.

Apple iPod - $249
Sweet case - $49
Bose QuietComfort Headphones - $269
The fact that you damaged your ears by buying Bose. . . Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom