Why is Bose a No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
I read a lot about people saying "as long as its not Bose" and what not. But I have never come across any real reasons. I am not an audiophile, all I know about sound and speakers I learned skimming over posts in these threads.

I will be looking for a new sound setup when my fiancee finishes building her new PC and I would like to be able to say No to Bose with passion.

Bose isnt real sound. They use tricks to get the desired effects. Like causing the sound waves to bounce more time to make it sound louder or softer. Basically audiophonics.

Just looking at their commercials and then showing how they can get 5.1 sound out of 2 speakers will tell you. They play tricks. The depend more on reflecting the sound to desired areas rather than just letting the speakers output the sound from the various locations to give you true sound.

[Disclaimer: know nothing about audio]

So, Mak, can you hear the difference? You say they use tricks to get the desired effect... is that just like using a sugar substitute instead of the real thing? Or can you hear that it's not "true sound"?

I have tried a couple of Bose speakers and yes i can tell the difference between a Bose 2 speaker "surround sound" set and my full 5.1 surround sound set.

Cause the tricks played are still coming from the front. If you tunr your head just slightly you will hear that the sound isnt coming from behind you.

Yet if you have a true 5.1 setup no matter where you turn the sound is there.

Plus true 5.1 will only play the sound from teh speaker it should come from. Like if it is a car coming from behind you on the left the sound will only come from that direction. Yet if you turn your head with the Bose setup you will hear it comgin from teh right as well.

It is just fancy tricks that they play. The sound is trickery and not true. They over charge you for this stuff and you dont get the true effect.

Granted i am not the audio head of the forums. I am far from it. But this is my experience.

I have tried a couple of Bose speakers and yes i can tell the difference between a Bose 2 speaker "surround sound" set and my full 5.1 surround sound set.

Cause the tricks played are still coming from the front. If you tunr your head just slightly you will hear that the sound isnt coming from behind you.

Yet if you have a true 5.1 setup no matter where you turn the sound is there.

Plus true 5.1 will only play the sound from teh speaker it should come from. Like if it is a car coming from behind you on the left the sound will only come from that direction. Yet if you turn your head with the Bose setup you will hear it comgin from teh right as well.

It is just fancy tricks that they play. The sound is trickery and not true. They over charge you for this stuff and you dont get the true effect.

Granted i am not the audio head of the forums. I am far from it. But this is my experience.

they do iver charge people for what they are not geting.

Probably because they over charge you on everything, like computer_newbie said. You can find just as good, if not much better quality from other companies for a much better price.

Bose use cheep speakers and add some stupid effects to fool those not in the know. Then you hear some genuinely good speakers and realise the difference.

Bose isnt real sound. They use tricks to get the desired effects. Like causing the sound waves to bounce more time to make it sound louder or softer. Basically audiophonics.

Just looking at their commercials and then showing how they can get 5.1 sound out of 2 speakers will tell you. They play tricks. The depend more on reflecting the sound to desired areas rather than just letting the speakers output the sound from the various locations to give you true sound.

to not be an audiophile, you gave a great explanation. you must be working your way on up to an audiophile

to not be an audiophile, you gave a great explanation. you must be working your way on up to an audiophile

With good memory, a lot can be learnt from merely listening to others and reading :)

Mak will be an audiophile one day, i can see it now :rolleyes:

I don't think i will ever be that good at audio, the higher up stuff just confuses the heck out of me.

With good memory, a lot can be learnt from merely listening to others and reading :)

Mak will be an audiophile one day, i can see it now :rolleyes:

I don't think i will ever be that good at audio, the higher up stuff just confuses the heck out of me.

it's confusing sometimes at first. it will get easier to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom