who is running active crossovers on a 7.1 surround ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I want to build a nice 7.1 surround and use my computer for all the filtering and EQ.

What are some good programs out there?

What sort of external amplification are you guys using ?

I'm assuming its not going to be cheap finding a 7+ channel power supply that supports this...and THIS is assuming you are only using ONE single driver per channel, which forces you to use single full range drivers. If I go 2 or 3 way per speaker the cost of this project could skyrocket rather quickly :D

well I need it for my home theater, and figured I could get WAY more tunability using my PC than on any receiver under $500...

also, I would love to be able to integrate 5 or 7.1 sound into AoC :)

it seems this site is completely limited on the audio aspect of all your computer sound experiences...

is no one here running ANYTHING besides stock computer satellites powered by a tiny *** sub woofer ?

I hooked up to pioneer towers to an amp, then just ran out through headphone lol. It sounds pretty good ( I use a pioneer amp)

well I need it for my home theater, and figured I could get WAY more tunability using my PC than on any receiver under $500...

also, I would love to be able to integrate 5 or 7.1 sound into AoC :)

it seems this site is completely limited on the audio aspect of all your computer sound experiences...

is no one here running ANYTHING besides stock computer satellites powered by a tiny *** sub woofer ?

If you look inside the pc speakers thread, you would see several of us are running studio monitor setups, including myself.

And i do want to be :)

Funds don't alow.. shame.. i had my eye on some mackies.

Rican, a question. If all monitors are flat then surely they all sound the same. So why would people prefer some monitors over others etc.

Uhm i know that much. But you get a pair of mackies that remain flat to 50hz, and some behringers that remain flat to 50hz. People still choose the mackies.

If all speakers sounded perfectly flat. they would sound exactley the same, theoretically.

Uhm i know that much. But you get a pair of mackies that remain flat to 50hz, and some behringers that remain flat to 50hz. People still choose the mackies.

If all speakers sounded perfectly flat. they would sound exactley the same, theoretically.

All monitors dont sound the same, and behringer sucks. Also, the same monitor will sound different in my room as it would in yours. A pair of Event sp8's will blow the mackies out the water.

The larger the driver, the more responsive the low end is. if you hear the sp8's, youll understand what im talking about.

Basically, they throw so much bass by themselves, that no subwoofer is needed. yet, the bass is not added, the sound is still flat, the low end is just reproduced better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom