"What U Hear" not working on Sound Blaster X-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosman1987us

Beta member
I have Windows 7 Release Candidate, and i use a Sound Blaster X-Fi soundcard. I updated the drivers which allowed the "What U Hear" Option to show so i could use it to record sounds from videos/games i record also for a live Broadcasting site (Justin.tv) But when i finally got this working (either by putting the audio into a mixer then back into the pc, or connecting a cable from the pc audio IN to OUT) it now shows up fuzzy/glitchy/humming and now all of a sudden stopped even working completely, just having a fuzzy sound.

Anyone know what i might do to fix this?

You will have to either A. Get the Daniel_K Driver pack and see if they work or B. Wait till Oct when Creative releases the proper drivers.

I have a Creative Card myself and the drivers released for the Beta are very limited. They only allow for minimal functioning. While the option may be there, it isnt fully functional for "What you hear" in the Win7 Beta.

Mak said:
You will have to either A. Get the Daniel_K Driver pack and see if they work or B. Wait till Oct when Creative releases the proper drivers.

I have a Creative Card myself and the drivers released for the Beta are very limited. They only allow for minimal functioning. While the option may be there, it isnt fully functional for "What you hear" in the Win7 Beta.?

Where would i find his driver pack for SB X-Fi? all i can find is Audigy series...or will that work?

I was using Vista, but since the function didn't work then either i upgraded to 7.

Would i be better off downgrading back to Vista? any program that says are his drivers for XP and higher say that i dont have the right windows running....plz install windows xp or higher to continue.

There is a link for it on teh Creative Support Forums. Not sure exactly but i have seen it personally.

It may be something with the Vista drivers and the X-Fi caues in Vista and with the right drivers mine works. It is just in Win7 the drivers from Creative are limited and dont work right.

You cant just downgrade back. You would have to format and reinstall Vista. right click on the driver and select run as Admin or use the Troubleshoot Compatibility.

There is a link for it on teh Creative Support Forums. Not sure exactly but i have seen it personally.

It may be something with the Vista drivers and the X-Fi caues in Vista and with the right drivers mine works. It is just in Win7 the drivers from Creative are limited and dont work right.

You cant just downgrade back. You would have to format and reinstall Vista. right click on the driver and select run as Admin or use the Troubleshoot Compatibility.

Thanks man i've posted this on 3 different forums ur the first to give me any type of answer.
I'll try downgrading a lil later to see if it fixes it...Should this allow me to use the "What U Hear" without having to run an audio cable from the headphones to the mic jacks?

It should. I know that my Creative Audigy 2ZS works in Vista with the drivers and no issues. I cant vouch personally for the X-Fi as i dont own or operate one. But i have heard that it does work with the right drivers.

I am running an X-Fi on my notebook with Vista 64 and it works very well.

Hmm, yeah mines a Desktop, but i got it working now where I dont hear no fuzzy noises but the Stream still has a tiny bit...not too much. I was just wondering though how come i cant install Daniel_K's drivers....i clicked the download to the version for VISTA and windows 7 which i now have vista again but it says it cant detect any Soundblaster devices or something like that. I just got done auto updating my X-Fi so i get "What U Hear" Again but i cant install any of their drivers from the site directly or his..cuz of this error message.

You need to isntall the drivers from the CD first. I know it sounds weird but the Daniel K Drivers are modified drivers to unlock everything. But the detection of the sound card is not right and it will only work if you install the drivers from the CD first.

You need to isntall the drivers from the CD first. I know it sounds weird but the Daniel K Drivers are modified drivers to unlock everything. But the detection of the sound card is not right and it will only work if you install the drivers from the CD first.

I've done that, but i found out from Creative that my Soundblaster is an OEM...since i got it with my Dell. They cant even upgrade it atm. I think i've fixed my problem for the time being altho i would still love to try Daniel's lol. I just opened my Sound Blaster Console Launcher and disabled the Line-in/Mic option on the mixer and now i have no speaker fuzziness or anything. It doesn't broadcast 'crystal clear' but good enough i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom