what is going to happen when once i run my sound card in Windows Vista Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
turns out it has one driver, that's it, from 2004. I'm gonna plan on fixing my computer by installing Windows Vista Ultimate instead of getting back Windows XP Pro. Of course, upgrade in parts to remain same or better performance overall, but im curious is to how my sound card will perform. I like it, but wanted better n i want know what will happen if my sound card ran with Windows Vista Ultimate? Will the sound still be in HD quality in my games or will it sound crappy?

if needed to get a new sound card, i was thinking of getting this one, which will bring the parts to upgrade my computer to the price around $870 that i want to get:

Newegg.com - Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series - Retail

reason i choose this one is because of the 64mb VRAM that helps in gaming, BUT this doesnt mean i have to get it, it's just something i wish to have in the oh so distant future.

now it turns out that new Vista drivers came out for some Creative Labs sound cards in Audigy, not X-Fi yet. When i upgrade to Vista n upgradeable parts, it probably wont happen until most likely later in the summer or early fall. First things first, i need to get a job n i might be getting a call from Kohls next week for a job. I've been unemployed since 8/06 is all i can say.

thx for the info guys, appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom