what drivers for microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaka

Baseband Member
After reformating, my microphone wont work. im not sure what drivers i should be using but right now im using sigmatel audio that came on Dell's resource cd, when i plug the mic in the back it finds it ok and asks to select what its found so i select (rear microphone) but if i try to record my voice or use a chat program it wont work, any help is good thanks

well there wont be any microphone specific drivers.... it will be your audio drivers.

when you say "rear microphone" are you using a setup where you can have 5.1 OR a mic sort of thing? if so, are you sure it is set for that particular port to be a mic, and not rear speaker channels?

joshd said:
well there wont be any microphone specific drivers.... it will be your audio drivers.

when you say "rear microphone" are you using a setup where you can have 5.1 OR a mic sort of thing? if so, are you sure it is set for that particular port to be a mic, and not rear speaker channels?

I tryed reinstalling the drivers again, and rebooted then i ran the Test hardware under voice tab in sound and audio devices, and now its working but really bad eltronic static like a buzz mumbling and i have to yell or tap it for it to pick anything up,

check all volume levels... in both the PLAYBACK and RECORDING sections. Also, check to see if the +20db pad is enabled/disabled.

Is your mic new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom