What the????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheyCallmeBob

Baseband Member
Ok well I just built my computer and everything is working fine. However, my onboard sound isn't working. It said in the control panel that it has no audio device. I tryed plugging in a pci sound card but and when I installed the drivers it said I didn't have the right chip. Can someone please help. THX

In your BIOS setup, is there an option to enable/disable the sound? This may be the problem if Windows can't see it.

I tryed to find it in BIOS and i checked under every category but I still can't find anything related to audio.

It should be there. What board is it? The one in your sig? The manual might have something in it.

I checked the manual and I have the right pins set and everything. Bust still no sound, do you think something is wrong with the mobo, not my settings?

You need to enable the on-baord audio in your Cmos. addtionally, check out your mobo installation disc you may find the on-baord audio installation files there.

you can run onboard audio or the sound card but not both and when your were trying to install the driver from the cd it was still looking for the driver for the onboard audio

Go to the CMOS and check under integrated peripherals (or similar) If you mobo has onboard sound you need to enable it!!! That is the problem. CAll tech support for you mobo if you can't find it. Until the onboard audio is enabled you won't hear didly squat!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom