We need to show some respect in this audio section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
this is section where the most fights starts.

here are a few reasons.

1.people will come on here and ask what type of speakers should I buy for my computer. this is the number one fight starter. you should research it and come to your own conclusions or just PM guys that might has some good info on the subject. I've personally have received thousands of these pm's about this. I've helped lot of guys. a fight just broke because a guy posted a thread about this. he said that was really only looking for one guy's opinion. he should have pm him and the war would have been avoided

2. audio is subjective. because of this reason many people think that they are an expert in sound. so a lot of people have opinions.

3. different places listen to different styles and types of music. some people listen to screaming distorted music (they don't know that it's distorted). some people listen to full flat neutral sound. one type think that they know as much as the other.

4. bad economy changed the role of music. since the turn of the century we've had a bad economy. companies can't afford to put as much money into music equipment as they use to.
these once reputable companies (I.e. pioneer, alpine, jensen) have resorted to tricks and marketing to keep the money flowing. they now make cheap stuff and lie and say that it was better than the old stuff.

you now have fly-by-night companies that will come out and make anything and they will charge you a arm and a leg for it.

here's where the problem start

lot of young people swear that this is high end sound. lot of you young guys are too young to have lived at a time where high end really existed. this little fact will never stop you from voicing your opinions. these young guy are quick to attack too. I have a short fuse too, but I attack after I been attacked. I keep it respectful until I've been disrespected.

Now this don't apply to all young guys. there are a few that really know their stuff. but in audio, Older people usually know more.

we used to have a lot of knowledgeable old audio guru's. Dj Chris, Nubius, Crysalis (a young guy who knew more than old men), Molsen, 003, etc. they were all chased away for one reason (crysalis shows up now and then). they can't deal with these young know it alls who treat them like they never heard audio.

there a only few guys here who know a little about audio now. Oreo, Ricanflow, Apokalipse. etc

some of you guys needs to realize something. Audio is a career to some of us. to other it is a hobby that we are consumed with. lot of us are true audiophiles. I've been an avid audio fans since I was 7 or 8.

my dad had a trucking business. on the side he would haul people's stuff away in their house. in the 70's everybody was throwing away their big all in one stereo consoles (some had TV's in them) for separates. we couldn't keep the whole big thing so i would always take the speakers and crossovers out. they didn't sound as good outside the box as they did inside one, so I had to make enclosures for them. it started out as cardboard and eventually went to wood. it took off from there.

I became a well known and famous audio installer. I now have my own computer business. most of the high end audio engineers of the 90's became computer tech's in the new millennium because there's more money in it

I know the you guys think that you know more than us on the subject, but you have to realize that we got years invested in this (I got 30+ years). our experience give better knowledge than you young guys who are just starting and don't have a clue. sometime there are young guys, who want to learn and they sit in background and watch and listen to the older guys who had the vast experience and they pick up from them. they learn quick. they get experience early. they never disrepect the older guys whose helping like you guys do. that's Crysalis. that was me 20 years ago

you guy don't know how many systems that built from scratch or systems that I put in people homes or cars.

you need to show us some respect. in turn we will respect you

Hey no arguments from me, you know your audio an i know jack about it an wont pretend i do. Audio just dose not seem to figure in my shpear of interest other than having some speakers so i can listen to some music. What I think is needed here is some clarity of thought we have a virus team for trusted people who know there stuff maybe we can look into having one for the audio gurus.

I fully agree with Eric on this. This section is a breeding ground for arguements from people opinions. Audio is as selective as Religion and Politics. Each person has their own point of view.

I am trying my best to help out here and keep things under control. But i think that there is a point in there. Show respect for people when they try to help.

If it isnt what you are looking for then jsut say "Thanks but that isnt what i am looking for". It maybe a forum but you have to give respect to earn it. Respect is just not given.

Please by all means understand that your opinion of audio might not be the same as the next persons and repect them for their opinion.

~Mak

I was actually talking to vern about this the other day, none of the mods for this section are "Audio guys", if you know what i mean.

No disrespect to the mods for this section, you guys are great. But it would better fit for people who work with/know about audio to help moderate this section. What you said is a good idea Saxon, some type of an Audio Team.

A lot of people come in here asking "i want the best sound" but when me and EricB recommend monitors, the flame wars commence.

We don't just use opinions, we use solid facts. Just because Logitech charges $250 for a set of speakers, doesn't mean they're actually that good. We try to recommend the best possible setup for the proposed budget, but again others step in with comments such as "but pc speakers are best for multimedia/movies/gaming" etc...

Me and EricB both own monitors, and can give true info, not just stuff dug up on the internet about how they sound better.

It was my idea for a audio team an i am planing on bringing this to the other mods soon.

I was actually talking to vern about this the other day, none of the mods for this section are "Audio guys", if you know what i mean.

No disrespect to the mods for this section, you guys are great. But it would better fit for people who work with/know about audio to help moderate this section. What you said is a good idea Saxon, some type of an Audio Team.

A lot of people come in here asking "i want the best sound" but when me and EricB recommend monitors, the flame wars commence.

We don't just use opinions, we use solid facts. Just because Logitech charges $250 for a set of speakers, doesn't mean they're actually that good. We try to recommend the best possible setup for the proposed budget, but again others step in with comments such as "but pc speakers are best for multimedia/movies/gaming" etc...

Me and EricB both own monitors, and can give true info, not just stuff dug up on the internet about how they sound better.

I'm leaving that subject up to Oreo now. I'm through. I can't stand the arguing.
when I blow up, I blow up. I'm too old for that now. they why I stopped going to these clubs here in Columbus Ohio. those young people will talk trash and they didn't know that I was the ultimate finisher.

I married my girl friend of 17 years last November. I'm into church now. I'm trying to mellow out and set a good example for my teenage kids. I try to avoid arguments these days. but I won't shy from them if one starts. I'm trying to learn how not to be so sensitive.

Oreo please take care of those "which kinds of speakers should I get?" questions. I'm through. I haven't answer that question in about 3-4 months until now. I wish that I hadn't answered it

I argued about monitors, i wish i hadn't. I take it all back, active monitors are brilliant. So i am saying sorry right here to both EricB and Ricanflow for my anti-monitor arguments, but, i have learn from it and now continue to recommend Monitors to people.

And yes EricB and Ricanflow deserve more respect than they get, they are only trying to help. Why attack people that are trying to help, whether they are wrong or not. They only ever have good intentions, i don't blame them for defending themselves after knowing how i was a few months back (rude, ignorant, unrespectfull..) but now i have learnt.

I'm leaving that subject up to Oreo now. I'm through. I can't stand the arguing.
when I blow up, I blow up. I'm too old for that now. they why I stopped going to these clubs here in Columbus Ohio. those young people will talk trash and they didn't know that I was the ultimate finisher.

I married my girl friend of 17 years last November. I'm into church now. I'm trying to mellow out and set a good example for my teenage kids. I try to avoid arguments these days. but I won't shy from them if one starts. I'm trying to learn how not to be so sensitive.

Oreo please take care of those "which kinds of speakers should I get?" questions. I'm through. I haven't answer that question in about 3-4 months until now. I wish that I hadn't answered it

Sure, no problem EricB. Although i am more of a headphone guy, i'll try to learn a bit more about speakers to help people. And try and get it into there damned heads that ACTIVE MONITORS ARE BETTER ! :mad: :p

Rican,

I can understand your position. But i think i do a fair job of trying to keep the peace around here. :p

But yes i think having a couple of Audio guys to monitor this section would be good. I may not know audio. But i can at least keep things cool around here.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom