WB GOES Blu-ray EXCLUSIVE HDDUD DEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
Warner has announced that they will be switching to support Blu-ray exclusively. Warner has been supporting both formats since they were launched, but recent talk from top executives suggested that Warner couldn't continue down that road much longer, and that the all important holiday sales would help them make a decision. With Blu-ray winning every week in high definition sales this year, Warner has decided that The Future is Blu.

"The window of opportunity for high-definition DVD could be missed if format confusion continues to linger. We believe that exclusively distributing in Blu-ray will further the potential for mass market success and ultimately benefit retailers, producers, and most importantly, consumers," Warner Bros Chairman and Chief Executive Barry Meyer said in a statement.

Its all over folks!

Blu-ray.com - Warner to Back Blu-ray Exclusively

The Digital Bits - Celebrating Film in the Digital Age
Deadline Hollywood Daily » BOOST FOR BLU-RAY! Warner Bros Will Release Exclusively In That Format
Warner Bros to back Blu-ray DVD format exclusively | Industries | Consumer Goods & Retail | Reuters
Warner Bros. will back only Blu-ray - USATODAY.com
Warner Bros. Entertainment to Release Its High-Definition DVD Titles Exclusively in the Blu-ray Disc Format Beginning Later This Year
Warner Bros. Entertainment to Release its High-Definition DVD Titles Exclusively in the Blu-Ray Disc Format Beginning Later This Year
Warner Bros. will back only Blu-ray - USATODAY.com
Warner Bros to back Blu-ray exclusively - sources | Reuters
Warner Bros to back Blu-ray exclusively: sources - Yahoo! News
Warner Brothers: Going All The Way With Blu-ray - Tech Check with Jim Goldman - MSNBC.com

BOOT.jpg

Blu-Ray wins. And no-one cares, as soon as the PS3 had Blu-Ray we all new it would win.

In 3 years time Blu-Ray will be obsolete and everything will be on SSD's and the world will be an easier place.

Blu-Ray wins. And no-one cares, as soon as the PS3 had Blu-Ray we all new it would win.

In 3 years time Blu-Ray will be obsolete and everything will be on SSD's and the world will be an easier place.

just confirmed Netflix,Blockbuster,Hollywood video will be renting movies on SSD format. don't even care that renters can format the hd's and steal them. like it or not Blu is here to stay

Well then microsoft can make a lot of money and program and Anti-Formating program, or once the movie has been copied off the SSD it just doesn't work.

just confirmed Netflix,Blockbuster,Hollywood video will be renting movies on SSD format. don't even care that renters can format the hd's and steal them. like it or not Blu is here to stay
Not sure hollywood is going to be doing much of anything rather soon. Movie gallery is going doing the drain. As they own hollywood I am sure that hollywood will soon follow. As for the war of blu ray and hd dvd I thnk they will be around for awhile good six or seven years if not longer. I think blu ray will win or at least I hope they will seeing as how I have 80 bluy rays lol it would make mad if hd dvd took it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom