Wanted: Good Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I've searched for this on the forum, but I'm still in need of some help. I just purchased and built a new computer with an Asus A7N8X-X nForce2 chipset motherboard. I've heard that the nForce2 has good onboard sound, but I need speakers. All I have are some old stock emachines speakers, that sound...well you know. I know nothing about speakers, such as what are good brands, how much do low end speakers cost, high end speakers, etc. Could anyone recommend some good, fairly inexpensive speakers? Also, after I got them, would I have to install new drivers, or what? Thanks in advance.

Even though it is subjective doesn't mean other people opinions mean diddly squat. if it was than why are you bothering to reply? My opinion is that I've listened to all of the speakers demo'ed at best buy. this includes the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 speakers that cost a whopping $350. They sounded freakin horrible and the price is insanely bloated. The z640 is decent, but if you want something good or awesome I say just output it to your home theatre system. if you have none just get a cheap 2 channel stereo receiver and a budget pair of bookshelves or floorstanders. you can pick somethng like this off Ebay for starting $100. pretty much anything will blow away the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra. a cheap pair of sony SSMB350H for $100 are much better.

btw if you can't tell, I think surround sound is over-rated. stereo can sound so much better and it saves you half the cost. on hardware. pretty soon they will have dolby 20.4 THX (10 surrounds from all sides including below and top & a sub at each corner :) ). why? because the real reason you need those extra speakers for the surround effects is because its a way for the companies to sell you extra speakers you don't need. computer speaker makers know that satelite & subwoofer setups don't work. the reason they make em is because they know the average consumer knows nothing about sound.

Ya ditto ekÆsine. Our family moved to a new house and we needed a new A/V receiver and shit because we were upgrading a lot of stuff. So we had this old A/V receiver that I hooked up to my PS2, XBOX, and oh ya my computer. Works great, just gotta get the necessary cable(s) and your set. And just pick up 2 surround speakers, and one main center speaker.

Once your done with that you can thoroughly enjoy Hillary Duff's "Come Clean" as I am doing right now.

PEACE

I too went though the same quandry, I built my system with an audigy 2 zs sound card and ran out of money to buy speakers with. I recently decided it was time to buy some. I went with a set of logitec z5300 for $140 on newegg. They are freaking awsome. The speakers all sound great (pretty much NO noise interference at high volume, and the sub, forgetaboutit). For the price, imo you cant beat these speakers.

Thank you all for your replies. I'll definitely take what you guys said into consideration. If I find anything good, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom