want to "not-extend" my windows desktop :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka-demix

Baseband Member
If you see what I mean...:amazed:
You see I wan't to get the same screen up on the TV as the one I have on my computer screen. Not like so that I can move the cursor over to the TV, but whatever shows up on my computerscreen, shows up on the TV.
Very hard to explain apperantly, thought it would be easier :( :confused:

Anyways if that doesn't work, what I'm trying to do is to show my poerpoint presentation on the TV, but when I press to show it the show comes up on my laptop screen since that's the primary one..:mad:

under display properties, Settings you shold be able to uncheck the extend my window. If not look in advances settings and you should be able to set up the tv as a mirrored monitor.

what kind of video card do you have? this will help. if its nvidia, the easiest way is to right click on the desktop and go to nvidia display -> any display, and then find the display settings in that instead of using the display settings tab in the desktop properties dialogue.

I can't find "clone" anywhere".. I could do it on my old computer, but I think that was a Windpws -98, and definetly a different video card.
ATI mobility Radeon 9600/9700 series...
I've tried to go to the properties for the Video Card, but I can't find anything that would do it.. When I right click on the desktop, there's something that's called "Hydravision", I think maybe it's there, but I don't seem to find the right "checkbox" or whatever...

Maybe there's a "walkthru" on how to do it on the net??

I don't have have an ati card, but I know that disabling the video card in device manager (not recommended) will make the moniters show the same thing

make sure that this checkbox is uncheck first. that will make the moniter clone instead of extend

MoniterExtended.jpg

MoniterExtended1.jpg

The only way, is to disable my video card? But then it will look like **** anyways:p What's the point????

aka-demix said:
The only way, is to disable my video card? But then it will look like **** anyways:p What's the point????

no it won't. I didn't say uninstall it.

Actually those are 2 different ways in my last post.

I had a lady who laptop screen had got smash. I was trying to fix her computer to show the main screen on a vga moniter. but I can't see the right option on her laptop. I could see enough of device manger to drag it over to the second extended screen to disable the video card. I did. both moniter show the exact same thing at high resolution

if you don't want to do that, do what I posted with the screnshots. there's a way to do it with ati. I just don't mess with ati cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom