Volume help

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I have a 12.2 speaker set up as a result they are very loud and the subs shake the room previously I used wave to set the audio below 1%. If memory serves it was 2% on wave then normally 5% on volume.

The problem is I updated my OS to vista 64 bit and my audio drivers ("Asus xonar d2x" driver 7238) I now can't find the wave meter on the software for the driver or the standard windows volume control. I have it set at 0 (note i said 0 not mute, mute silences it) and itunes on 20% and its still clearly audible. When I game it gets too loud. Both volume controls do work and change volume just not low enough.

solution please?

Yeah thats erm rubbish it didn't react with windows at all and the extra stuff was quick links to the control panel sound controls.

Windows VC isn't acting up badly neither are the drivers controls they do control volume but I have sensitive ears and live in an isolated house there is hardly any ambient noise with big speaker system. If you remember in xp there was a wave function which was the master of volume control I want that back atm I am having to control volume per app through in app controls e.g. game volumes are at 5%, vlc is defaulted at 50%, itunes 25%. That is 25% of 0 according to win VC and driver Control panels which doesn't really bother me as they do change volume in a stepped fashion as they are supposed to.

There wont be a solution. If the included Windows Audio Controls dont do anything for you and the sound card doesnt have software for Vista 64 Bit there isnt going to be a solution.

Your best bet is to try and find a EQ or something that you can implement to help control the highs. Without the proper software there isnt much that can be done.

Hmm that works for me on the school computers. The volume control on them is horrible and that fixes it. I know RealPlayer's main volume control actually controls the WAV volume that you wanted. You could try using that.

Well sadly the volume controls for Vista are very basic. There isnt much room for tinkering. It gives you volume, treble and bass. That is it. If there is something more you will have to find a 3rd party software that can run on Vista 64 to do it.

I have to venture to assume that gain structure is completely and utterly out of wack.

EDIT: How is this 12.2 system setup? connections, amps, speakers, etc....

I am no audio phile Crysallis and if I told you indetail you would probably cry. There are 2 lars and ivan bobo stereo speakers which give me stereo sound regulated through there own amp and are connected as normal. Then 2x5.1 computer speaker sets with the sub used as the hub using 3.5mm jacks in 3 flavours.

I have the soundcards 5.1 speaker connections attachted male to male 3.5mm connections, using hifi wire and insulation tap I have then converted this single channel into 2 corresponding 3.5mm jacks which go to the sub then speakers in question.

As a result I have one sub behind me, one in front. one centre speaker infront I cut off the other one for another project. 2 stereo speakers whic are above my monitor and head so not in the best position. 4 side surround speakers which are approx 0.5-1 metre apart and 4 rear speakers which are approx stepped in the same way. I am cuccooned in a sphere of sound :).

Stopped laughing yet?

holy jimmy-rig batman!

You need to turn the volume down on the speaker systems/amps and then feed more from the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom