Volume Booster Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim4u

Beta member
So I bought myself a new headset today - for audio and comp/gaming (mostly this) or whenever, eager to try them - I plug it first into my MP3 player, alright works fine, although I need to increase the volume on my MP3 more than usual but fine.

Next, I plug it into my Comp and volume is at max, it's quiet.
I can still hear the sounds coming through but it's about half the volume I was getting with previous headphones (not headset) but since that broke I bought this headset.

I've tried pretty much everything :( Volume control at max, wave at max as well - everything maxed for volume but obviously nothing changes because those were the settings I had for my headphones.

So I set out to search for a volume booster program of some sort so I can boost the volume on my computer but no luck. So I was wondering if anyone knew some sort of program that can boost a computer's volume beyond usual? hoping it won't affect or kill my comp.

Thanks

hmm...where did you buy the headset? maybe you can ask for an exchange. you could have gotten a defective one.

that's what i would do, is take it back, and get a new one. if that doesn't work, i don't know. i'm not sure of any programs like that.

...still I wouldn't think you'd need an amp.

I'd expect the drivers on those earphones to blow when plugged into the PC at maximum overall volume and wave volume :confused: .

What headphones are they?

Maybe you should get a refund.

get a sound card or new headphoone (pay attention to sensitivty level). volume boosters cause distortion

EricB said:
get a sound card or new headphoone (pay attention to sensitivty level). volume boosters cause distortion

Thats what i'm screaming.

Sensitivity isn't very high. No matter what, you aren't going to get those headphones loud. I can already tell just by your first post and i dont even know the model number. Even if you get a headphone amp, that will only cause distortion.

Sorry for something so basic and stupid but we all make mistakes... did u make sure its plugged in all the way? setting at headphones or w.e? of not get some new headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom