"Visualizer" software for desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
Sorry, but I don't really know what this is called. what I want is some sort of display that will stick to my desktop telling me the levels of any sound that is comming out of my speakers. Kind of like this:

visualizer.jpg

except I don't want to be able to adjust the levels from the desktop. I am looking for something similar to a yahoo widget.

Thanks

kind of. I really want something that will tell me the levels that are coming out of each speaker like the pic I posted above.

The General said:
I think it's called an oscilloscope ... like the thing with the moving bars in Winamp?

ok, since no one knows of anything like what I really want, does anyone know where I can get one of these that sits on the desktop?

more or less. but I want it to "stick" to the desktop so that it only appears when everything is minimized. and I don't want to have to open anything to see it. I just want it to work for any sound that comes through my speakers(Music, internet sounds, games, IM's, etc)

There is a way to set flash animations as your desktop background. So if you can find an animated flash equalizer or whatever it is called that can synch with your music, then you are all set. You could probably make the flash yourself if you know how.

I do know how to do flash, but I have no idea how to make it respond to different sounds. do you?

kfc469 said:
I do know how to do flash, but I have no idea how to make it respond to different sounds. do you?

Nope I don't know how to do flash, maybe you should post a request on the programming forum.

Here is a quick example, I found the flash using google. As you can see it's not is synch with the music, but seems to be more or less what you want.

what did you search to find that? I tries searching "flash desktop oscilloscope" and it didnt come up with anything useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom