Vista No Microphone/Line In Listed In Recording Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandalais

Beta member
Ok I've been searching for like 2 days now on why I don't have a microphone line in available under recording devices in Vista. I've found a couple of threads on here with the same problem but they had no responses. Under the recording devices tab there is nothing showing. I have show disabled and hidden devices checked off and there is nothing. I've uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. Playback devices are working fine. I tried configure microphone under speech recognition and it tells me "Wizard could not start Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel." I've searched the Windows site and still can't find a solution. Of course any help is greatly appreciated!

Keith

You using onboard? Go to the control->Panel->sounds and look there. I hate the Vista sound control system. XP's was so much better.

It is an integrated sound card. I have checked in the control panel with no luck. I have been trying different audio software and can only think that it conflicted with one of them. The computer has a fairly recent clean install and I'm considering reformatting and starting over. The computer is a Dell XPS 420 with 6600 quad and I'm not really impressed.

Check your onboard sound is enabled in the BIOS.

If you are using a 3.5mm Mic input on your case (instead of the rear one built into the mobo), check that the cable from the case is plugged into the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom