Viewpoint Media Player removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
I'm not sure if Viewpoint media player is spyware/adware or not but I wanna get rid of it, I uninstalled it from the control panel>add or remove programs and I still see the folder with all the files. I dont just wanna delete the folder. Anyone have an idea on what to do about this?

-Ryan

I believe you recently d/l AOL IM? i never knew it was full of spyware.. people are saying its from aol IM. i don't know if this is true though, because spybot, sweeper, microsoft antipsyware, panda online, trend online, and avg didnt' pick it up...
anyhow... try standard deleting.
1. remove it from add/remove programs
2. start -> search -> "viewpoint" delete all of those
3. do another search, just to make sure. (also make sure it finds hidden files)
4. tell me how it goes :) if it doesn't work ill post something else

Yeah it is from AIM I believe, dont know if its spyware or adware or the new "reseachware" aka spyware crap.

-Ryan

Its not laget though, if it was it should have removed from the Add/Remove under Control panel.

-Ryan

technically AOL is not spyware. but because of AOL practices (they do the same things spyware companies do like tracking your activties, but they are just legit) they are considered spyware. no spyware program will pick it up. viewpoint won't hurt nothing, though. it also come when you install netscape

it won't hurt your system and i don't think it uses any resources. i've never seen it run on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom