Video related error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

In Runtime
For some reason, whenever I click (in anyway... single click, double click, right click, or even just select) certain video files -- OGM, AVI, MPG, MPEG, and ASF in particular -- my Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) will give me the dreaded "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry... blah blah" message box with the Error Report buttons. I've clicked "Send Error Report" a few times, but I don't think Microsoft is going to do anything :b

I think this started happening sometime around when I installed this thing that lets me view OGM files (everything I got came from links at this page: http://ld-anime.faireal.net/guide/ogm-en#what ).

This is VERY inconvenient, as I use a LOT of video files, and it's extremely annoying for Win Explorer to shut down every time I try to rename, open, or move a file.

I don't get any errors when working with such files from any other applications, whether it's Win Media Player, Zoom Player, WinAmp, etc.

Anyone know what might be causing this, or how I can fix (or work around) this?

sounds like those files are configured/set to open with a program that causes the problem...

go to folder options -> file types and clear out/delete what ever is associated with those file extensions.

then try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom