video playback has OVERSIZED picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
Hey guys,

couple of problems here

I just reformatted my friend's computer with japanese version of windows XP, so im kinda having problems troubleshooting it, because, i can't read the settings!!! lol

anyway if you guys would kindly give me clues to fix these that'd be great.

problem 1#
Video playback on his computer seems OVERSIZED or ZOOMED in.. like in a scene where 2 guys are talking the top of their heads are cut off (and equally on all other sides).. someting that would seem like bad movie directing! hehe

problem #2
He's connected his computer to his huge TV..i think it was plasma tv.. via SVIDEO connection.. i was able to make the video card display the desktop and just about everything else on the TV, except movie playback which just results in a black screen..

The computer is on WIndows XP Home w/ SP2, japanese version
He's got an old GeForce video card.. (i think it's a MX40 or something like that).
- this card worked fine on the desktop as well as the giant tv screen display before.. so it think these are just settings related (i hope).

I installed the latest version of the GeForce drivers from nVidia

on a side note, the Nvidia Control panel is in Japanese.. how do i make it display in english? im looking for something like, Tools>Languages>English .. but it's freaking hard to navigate the options if you cant read it. :(

any help would be much appreciated

tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom