Video over the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

leodirk

Beta member
OK this is what I am trying to do. I have a computer that I want to set up to hold multimedia stuff, videos, movies, songs, etc. I want to be able to access the files from my MCP on the same network. I tried sharing the files over the network, but only the audio will play the video will freeze up. Any help? Thanks.

So the video does play then? because I have a home server type computer with all my media files, movies and such that I have ripped onto it. I use it to watch movies on our laptop in the shop or whatever.

It will freeze up once in a while, is your streaming over wireless or is the computer connected with a patch cord? If it is wireless then I think your problem is poor signla strenght.

EDIT: man that was a bad post. lol numb fingers.

Its going to freeze... video files are very large and complex files. You need to copy it from the computer that its stored on to the one you want to play it on.

lancec2c30 said:
So the video does play then? because I have a home server type computer with all my media files, movies and such that I have ripped onto it. I use it to watch movies on our laptop in the shop or whatever.

It will freeze up once in a while, is your streaming over wireless or is the computer connected with a patch cord? If it is wireless then I think your problem is poor signla strenght.

EDIT: man that was a bad post. lol numb fingers.

Thanks for the help but I think I fixed it. I switch players, BSPlayer to VLC and VLC plays them fine. It does do some small skips every now and then, but it is over wireless and as you said that's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom