Video File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
i have a quick question this is all school work ok. i are schools dance on a video file on my computer and my teacher would like a copy to show are fellow students. my question is what can i use that will play in a dvd player without problems to put this file in a blank cd i have a nero 9.0 is this a good thing to use or no. or is there something wesle i can use better that it will play in a dvd player thank's this would be a big help.

regular cd?Convert the file into a vcd or svcd and burn it

not sure what software to use with windows, with linux, tovid and vcdimager then cdrdao works perfectly

ok thanks alot alot of my teachers have been asking for the schools dance moive and its been a few months so thanks.

Ya well, dont thank me yet, converting a video into a vcd or svcd isnt quite as easy as it sounds sometimes, many many people have serious problems doing it, the bittorrent sites are proof of that

what you need is info on that file AND what its gonna be played on, you need to match formats---->in other words, if european use PAL format, if US use NTSC, the video also will need the correct frame size, audio bitrate, video bitrate, and FPS to match the VCD format its gonna be played on, it may need rescaled and or cropped depending on what its like now.Some software will do all of this for you, some only does parts of it.The other thing is, if the original isnt very good, it wont be good when converted either.Converting a DVD to vcd isnt hard, lots of software to do that, and they usually come out nice, random other video files sometimes can be a problem.

http://www.videohelp.com good site, links to tools too, most of them freeware

Ive been doing alot of this lately, conversions take awhile too, its taken me quite a bit of work and experimenting to get things right, lots of things can go wrong, like the sound getting out of synch for example.Sometimes they are easy, if its an mpeg file that makes it easier to begin with.

For the video file,

(1) use WinAvi Converter to convert the video file to VCD format
(2) Burn with NERO 6 (use slower speed if u have error)\

If u want the WINAVI converter email me
mckc86@yahoo.com.hk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom