Video Edition Programs , Around $100 or under

Status
Not open for further replies.

klee

Solid State Member
Hi, I am just getting started with video editing ahnd have a new panasonic digital camera, and am working on a new, HP pav a430n, winXp. I want to import music and cant with windows movie maker. Can anyone suggest a software package for a first time user?

I am currently considering Pinnacle 9.0, Roxio 7.0 and Nero 6.0 Can anyone suggest one over the other, any in same price range superior to these?

nero 6 and roxio are not video editing programs they are cd burning programs. I would reccomend however nero6 for cd burning and dvd burning. If you are just getting started with video editing then for sure pinnacle is the way to roll. I started with that, but i hate it. Be willing to put up with constant errors and having to reboot your machine. Thats why now i use adobe premiere 6.5 and vegas 4.0 from sony. Those programs are top quality and have better ease of use and alot more features that make your videos come out a lot better. Me and about and 10 my friends are all video editors and some are novice and some are pro. Us pros stay away from pinnacle unless were are making a video for someone else because it allows us to throw it together real quick most of the time. So i reccomend u pinnacle, after u start to learn the program, stop using and buy vegas or adobe.

however they both will run you way over 100, well atleast adobe does, check on vegas 4.0. ITs from sonic foundry, which is now owned by sony.

Video editing

I too am a novice video editor, or should i say i am trying it for the first time. I have a lot of digital video i have taken over the last few yrs. I have jvc digital camcorder. I have everything i need to download to my computer , now i am looking for software that will be fairly easy to use with good results. The $100 range seems to be the common area for newbie video editors. The 2 programs i was looking into are , Power Director 3 (by Cyberlink)
and ulead Video Studio 7 ( by Ulead). If anyone has used either of these or knows of a better one i would appreciate the advice, along with any tips.
I am Running a P4 2.8 (1mb l2 ch) 1g ddr 3200 ram 800fsb asus p4c800e deluxe mobo.

Thanks in advance.

also cheaper software runs on slower machines like the 2.8 you have the more exspensive proffesional software like avid and adobe require most demanding pc's like dualk 3.2 xeons which still arent enough. Mostly this is because you have real time editing programs that run with no issues unlike cheaper real time editors which have many flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom