Video Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kungfu_girl

Solid State Member
I need a video editing software (OTHER than Premiere) that doesn't output in real time, and that is as flexible as Premiere.

I need it to be able to use your own codecs and it has to be a program other than Pinnacle Studio 8, or any Ulead products. Money is not an issue! Actually it would be preferable if it is over $500 and used by professionals.

Thank you!

thank you

Thank you for the link. I'll check it out!

I am trying to make a music video from a .avi file. However, the file is really unstable in Premiere and if you even click a button too fast it crashes. I was hoping I could use this new software to either re-encode the file or actually edit the file itself. I've tried Pinnacle Studio 8, but it wasn't as customizable as Premiere and that was a big problem. (frame rate, etc.) (Though for the record, it was very stable with the file)

Do you know if Premiere 6.5 or 7.0 will be more stable than Premiere 6.0? Thanks.

You could try using 'VirtualDub' for the editing, it might do want you want but then again it might not.

Also get this tool tool 'AVICodec' to show you which codecs for video and audio the avi file is using. You might not have the correct codecs installed.

Both on the site I mentioned.

Sorry cant help you on Premiere or Pinnacle as I don't use them.

If you look on that site I gave you, you will find tutorials (How To, top left) on doing things, maybe some of these will be able to help you?

I use VirtualDub a lot. It has many filters and options to reencode. For transitions I use the movie maker in XP or intervideo WinDVD. I found all Ulead products to be made for average customers and it does not give you much control over the project.

Maybe if you explain what you want to do in more depth I could suggest something else. Just remember, there's many free and open source tools that sometimes are much better than comercial software.

it's ok! Thanks for your help but my question was answered on another forum.. thank you soo much tho! I got the same file from someone else and this time it worked in Premiere so I don't need another software program..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom