Video Card Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanko

Solid State Member
I'm not asking for help selecting a video card, per se. I do, however, need help finding out which video cards are compatible with my computer. I just bought a Dell Dimension 3000, with the P4 3.0 GHz HT processor, 512 MB DDR SD RAM, etc. etc.

I currently also have an older Dell Dimension 4300 (1.6 GHz P4). I have an ATI Radeon 9200 video card that I bought for the 4300 about a year ago that's served me well. However, there's nowhere for me to install it on my new 3000. I don't have the correct type of slots, I guess, not to mention the graphics card seems to be integrated right into the motherboard instead of seperate like on my old computer.

Anyone have any experience with this motherboard and know what kinds of video cards I could buy that might be compatible with it? Or am I sore out of luck?

Its likely dell made that comp so that you can't upgrade unless its through dell themself.

Do you know what AGP and PCI slots are?

Crysalis said:
Its likely dell made that comp so that you can't upgrade unless its through dell themself.

Do you know what AGP and PCI slots are?

I've heard of those terms, yes, and at one point might have known what they were and just forgotten. Refresh my memory, please...

Alright, since I downloaded that program, I've found out that this is what my motherboard chipset is:

Intel Springdale-G i865G(V)

are there any EMPTY slot thingys (pci/agp..close to the back of ur computer where the motherboard connectors stick out from) on ur motherboard.

Yep...when I looked earlier today I think I saw 2 empty. There's 3 total, but one has a card in it for the dial-up modem. (which I don't use :snob: )

ok so u buy a video card and put it in one of the empty ones...but u have to know pci/agp...which slot is available on ur motherboard is the type of video card u need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom