video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobajuba

Beta member
I am about to built a NEW pc system from scratch, I have searched and researched about the computer that I am about to built. The only thing that I am uncertain about is the video card.
I will be mostly using 3dsmax, priemere, encore and some other video applications, but at the same time i will be playing games on it like Battle for Middle Earth, Doom 3, FarCry. I am looking for a video card that could handle both ends. All I know is that it must be PCI Express. I have narrowed it down to two different type video cards. But another feature that I am also looking at is that if it has
HDTV.

First I am looking at ATI FireGL 5100, the second one is ATI RADEON X850 series.

All I know is that I want a powerful video card that can handle my needs. Any suggestion would be
greatly appricated.

thank you.
bobajuba@hotmail.com

What do you want PCIE or AGP? I Have a Nvidia pcie card that is sweet and you can overclock with it. I had 2 ATI cards in my system bu I sent them both back because ATI couldnt give me a driver that would work on my new build. With the nvidia, no problems whatsoever!

I would definately go with and ATI or nVIDIA. Also, you would need at least a 256 mb card for the games and programs you want to run.. these will cost ya anywhere from 85-500 bucks, so it depends on how much ya wanna spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom