video capture device

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDarknez

Baseband Member
Tried search both here and on NewEgg (to see if one existed) but by the looks of it, the answer is no. But I'll ask anyways :D

Right now, I'm capturing my video via a DV cable from my MiniDV cam into my computer via a FireWire port. No problem there, works fine.

What I'm wondering is if a product exists that acts almost as a stand alone MiniDV player / reader that can hook directly up to my computer.

For instance, there are ton's of readers for XD / SD cards for regular digital cameras. Just take the card out of the camera and pop it in the reader. Does one exist for VIDEO tapes? I guess I would be looking for the an all digital thing, where it's using the DV cable, or some method of digital transfer (i.e. not RCA jacks).

Thanks!

Um...that has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked. I'm starting in a digital format (hence the MiniDV). I'm curious if such a device exists where I don't have to hook up my camera, but just a standalone MiniDV tape player type deal.

It has everything to do with what you are asking. The answer is no. Fini! Your doing it the only way, at the present, that it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom