VHS transfer, new audio source

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayzolight

Baseband Member
i understand that this probably all can't be answered in one post. i'm looking to first learn if this is even possible and secondly looking for a shove in the right direction.

my goal: to transfer a vhs video to DVD
the kink: replacing vhs audio with separate mp3 source

i have some 1st gen VHS tapes of some concert footage. the audio on the vhs is listenable, but not great. the footage, however, is priceless and very high quality.

there are now soundboard quality audio sources for these very same concerts. i would like to dub the new audio source over the existing video while digitizing the video. i'm sure that the vhs' have stretched out a little over time, i realize this will be a time consuming project to sync up the audio and video.

what i need to know is:

what is the best software to use?
what hardware do i need?
what else do i need to take into consideration?

i have a capable PC with a duo core and an HT Omega Plus+ sc

thank you!!!

you are trying to take out audio and add new audio right?

well you need split the audio from video then add new audio. the older video converting programs did split the audio from video then remux (put them back) them.

you are trying to take out audio and add new audio right?

well you need split the audio from video then add new audio. the older video converting programs did split the audio from video then remux (put them back) them.

so there is no software that will do that now?

thanks fat clown! i'll check that out tonight!!

i will need to adjust the speed of the video. i'm anticipating that it won't be perfectly synced up with the new audio source....i assume you can do that with this program?

here is my favorite
full of features = learning curve
just fiddle around with it and you'll love it in no time

VirtualDub features - virtualdub.org

• Remove and replace audio tracks without touching the video.

that's one the older program that I was talking about. I just couldn't think on any of there name off the top of my head.

autogk, cce encoder and canopus procoder, sony's click to dvd, ifoedit. by you mentioning one name, it has revive my memory bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom