VHS to PC - Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khorb

Beta member
Hi

I'm having some problems and would appretiate your help.
I've been trying to transfer some VHS tapes I have to my pc through a Tvtuner card.
I managed to record the images as I play the tape, but the sound won't follow. I've tried changing the record control options, using different cables to connect the VCR to my computer, but nothing worked.

I checked the several posts on this topic in this forum, but couldn't find any answers.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

have u connected a cable from the vcr to ur sound card or dont u do that with a tv tuner card? i would like to do the same thing to but i havent tried it so i wouldnt be much help.

No, all the cables I connected go to the tuner card. I dont know if you can connect it to the sound card.
Sorry, I didn't understand the question before

The sound plays when I start the video, as I watch it on my monitor.
The problem is that when I try to record (the tuner software offers this possibility) the file comes out with only the image, and sounless

Another problem I'm having is how could I improve the quality of the image to the same stardard as a regular TV.
It is possible to connect the antenna to the PC, but the image comes out terribly, distorted, bad colors, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions

plug the vhs sound into your line input of your computer.

go to the setting of your capture program and set the sound to line in

run the rca output to your pc instead of tuner so yo will get better image

power vcr is what I use to use to capture vhs tapes

Ok I am looking to do the same thing re: VHS to computer, and I want to capture both video and sound.
This is what I have puter wise:

pentium 4 processor @ 2.66 GHz
512MB DDR SDRAM @ 333MHz
All-in-Wonder Radeon 9000 Por TV tuner Graphics card
Dell movie studio Essentials studio X, dimension
120 GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Windows XP
Intel Pro 100 M Intigrated PCI NIC Card
56K PCI Telephony Modem for Windows
48X Max Variable CD-ROM Drive
Factory instlled Audio
etc...

What do I need and how do I install them? Can I just do it using special cords or do I have to add stuff internally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom